The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Steve Valentine on tonight's Monk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
And, so far, Andrew Goldenhersh as well. It was filmed at the Magic Castle.

Twenty minutes into it: it's pretty funny.
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
Psh, it's Monk. I believe GENIUS is the word you're looking for.
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I was looking for information on the episode and found this from the USA network forum

http://forums.usanetwork.com/lofiversion......313.html

"So this is a real place?" We tend to forget that not everyone's aware of that!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Monk is set in San Francisco. They must have had one hell of a commute going back and forth to The Castle.

I have to admit, I don't get it. For what they showed, why bother using the Castle? Why not simply "make up" a magic night club?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Because it is a TV show that has a lot of the filming done outside of San Francisco. The Magic Castle likely pursues such business and at the end it is good for them. Do you question why a body is dumped in San Francisco but the site shown is Pacifica? Do you ponder why SF cops would be investigating murder in Napa or outside Berkeley? Ever wonder why the weather is always beautiful when you know SF has crappy weather a lot?
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Hollywood = inexpensive local Los Angeles shot.

San Francisco = expensive travel-to location shot.

Do the math.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
One thing is the city is (city = San Francisco) is very tv and movie friendly. It really is a beautiful city but clearly much of Monk is shot elsewhere. That apartment Monk lives in, unless he has rent control, would be $5k a month. I love Monk, I saw that next season is the last one.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
They never get the apartment right. (Probably because it needs to be big for camerawork) I remember critics of the first "Superman" movie mentioned that no reporter, not even a "star" reporter, could possibly afford the apartment Lois was living in in that film.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Steve, you shouldn't of lapped that baby chick!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Steve Valentine on tonight's Monk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL