The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "White Star" by Jim Critchlow -- A Review (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-04-06 09:52, george1953 wrote:
Just had to come here and say publicly that Al Desmond is a real gentleman . I only asked here about where he got the newspaper, to which he replied, he could have kept it for himself ! Since then he has sent me several emails with offers of help and photos and things, all of which has codt me nothing. I have offered him some things I have but as yyet he has not taken up my offer, I can only say that if you ever have cause to deal with him in the future you will not be dissapointed, credit where its due. Thanks once again Al-

Thank you for that compliment.

And I just want to make a note here... I sent George original artwork that he could use to add to his already existing White Star. There were no elements of the White Star kit "passed" out.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Can this price be for a very "Out of Stock" product like White Star????

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/......detail_b

Anyone deal with this distributer??
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
1. From China
2. Priced way below market value
3. Read the feedback - they sell cheap imitations.
4. Also in the feedback, he tries to bribe people with promises of future discounts or free items in their orders if they change the feedback to 4 or 5 stars.

Save your money. Hocus Pocus has them and if you wait for one of their sales you can get a good discount.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
I just received this from a fellow Café member and loving the idea and its potential.

Anymore thoughts or options people would like to share?

What props do people use and how do you incorporate them in the routine?
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
Great reading about this effect. Love the idea and the premise. Obviously a great candidate for many forms of magic.
John
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
If I'm doing a one on one I use the Jon Armstrong method.
Works amazingly well.
Gordon the discombobulator
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gordon the discombobulator
For one on one, the only downside with this great effect is that they might remember a particular face and go searching for it later, only to find it is not in the correct pile (using the standard OOTW handling where you swap half the cards around.)

The version with 2 people where you alternate between keeping or rejecting is better in that respect.
peterdilger
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of peterdilger
Not sure I am comfortable with creating entertainment out of the deaths of 1517 people
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
A retake on OTW ... creative, but not for me.
waldorfcartoons
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of waldorfcartoons
Anyone tried a standard OOTW approach?
Start by talking about Titanic. Two cards one survived, one died discussed and used face down as markers then swopped at appropriate point. This avoids a discard pile which has advantages (and disadvantages). Thoughts?
judagar
View Profile
New user
Cary, NC
44 Posts

Profile of judagar
I put all my cards into baseball card protectors. This allowed me to put some subtle feelable marks on certain cards so I don't have to look at the before I bring them out.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Reviving this thread just to ask if anyone owns Doug Gorman's Titanic themed "By the Roll of the Dice"?
I have my own personalized "White Star" routine that I have effectively followed up with my own version of "Fathoms".
In between I introduce some excellent ephemera that I bought from Al Desmond, so I am wondering if Gorman's "Roll of the Dice," might also be a good transition effect in between?
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "White Star" by Jim Critchlow -- A Review (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL