The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Museum: Mysteria - a Pictorial Collage of Zibits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
The first question one must ask themself, “Is it real or is it manufactured?” It is a Higley, nuff said. Museum: Mysteria is a beautifully assembled, perfect bound, book; 40 pages of photographs of Doug Higley’s creations from the old to the new.

5 of the photos are in 3D. Yes, if you have never seen a real Higley Zibit and you have the stomach, pop on the supplied 3D glasses and hope your lunch stays put!

While there is little writing in the tome, what there is of it, is eloquent (more so than this review). I suggest any fan of the zibit pick up Doug’s book, if nothing more than to make others cringe at the pictures within.

For the rest of us it is a step back in time and a leap into the future unknown. My favorite is the Mummy Skull.

http://SpookyBook.com
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Mine just came today. I'm blown away by it!
What would Wavy do?
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Mine arrived today, too! I am delighted! It is beautifully done, and I like the backgrounds for some of the photos. The layout of the pictures and the accompanying text makes the book exceptionally attractive. It is definitely a book to treasure and to leave out for display. Carry it with you when they ring your doorbell on Saturday or Sunday mornings and show it when they offer you their literature. It's sure to be a hit. Seriously, it is a beautiful book. The 3-D pictures are a great addition and the pictures are really impressive. X-treem likes the mummy skull; I like the mer creatures. There is something for everyone!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks guys. Getting ready to order the next batch of books. eMail me if you're going to want one!

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Just got paid! I'll order tomorrow.

Do I still get an autographed copy?

Actually, I need to email you tomorrow, Doug. I just might want to order more than a book. Smile

But tonight I need to go to beddy bye. Got a long day tomorrow, and it's almost midnight....
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Nighty Nite! (I couldn't resist!}

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The book is designed to leave out on a table for the unitiated as well as the 'fan'. It doesn't tip the Gaffs and should make the viewer utter those famous words..."WTF?"

Like my grind shows themselves, it should crinkle the brow and crack a smile.

http://SpookyBook.com

Anyone who owns one of my Zibits should have a copy! (Of course anyone who doesn't have one of my Zibits should have a copy too...)
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
There is a small shipment arriving this week from the publisher and seven of them are available for sale.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
For those who do not yet have the book. Higley has a deck of cards which feature several of the pieces , zibits in the book. The deck of cards opens even further doors for the avid bizarrist - story telling performer.

Is the deck stil available? If not, will there be more? Contact Doug to inquire.

Kotah
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
Carry it with you when they ring your doorbell on Saturday or Sunday mornings and show it when they offer you their literature. It's sure to be a hit.

:rotf: Beautiful! That'll send them packing. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Have some in stock for immediate shipping. Glad everybody likes it!

Sorry about price though...but these things cost an arm and a leg to make...at least the quality is high. Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The decision has been made. (I like deciding things.) The SOFT cover version will be History (pun intended) and the TWO remaining copies will be definite collectors items. There will be no more. 1st come 1st get. Only 2 Left!

Enter the Hard Cover. Costs more...but it's just...well...'right'. This will be my legasy and define the work of many years. The front and back covers are different but it is the same compilation of spectacular closeup detailed photos of the4 strangest things you ever saw. This will be a Limited Edition release. If interested please PM or eMail me. (Yes...it has the 3-D glasses inside!)
I'll post when the cover image and info is up on the site sometime this week.

Thanks all!
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Alright Doug...you talked me into it Smile

I've PM'd you.

David
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
1 Left.

The new Hard Cover version is now online at http://grindshow.com/grindshow/mysteriabook.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Museum: Mysteria - a Pictorial Collage of Zibits (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL