The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Penn and Teller's Miser's Dream (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Cool tip Doc, thanks!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 23:43, Fred Johnson wrote:
Frank don't miss Penn and Teller, their show is the best of any kind in Vegas and plays year round at the Rio.

Hmm... I disagree
I think Lance Burton stay the best magic show to Vegas, the worse is Nathan Burton.
The best show of any kind is "KA" of cirque du soleil.

The Flag routine and Bullet catch are awful !
I don't talk about the tricks,they're very good, I talk about the presentation, it's to much patriotic !
I think this kind of show is perfect for "brainwashed people".
Sentence like " you know we travel a lot aboard and when we come back we know why America is the best country of the world...."
Their book test is really bad !
the final is classic and good but the to first revelation as similar !
No crescendo nothing.
The introdution is boring and useless.
Attention it's a trick some people say they're some king of poer but it's false. they're only here to take your money, etc...
yeah,yeah,yeah...

Penn talk always to the same level of voice, it's because of the show looks slow and boring( when he speaks).

He makes lot of little step when he speaks !
Very bad, he should take some course to actor studio and whatever.

Ok now the best part of this show Smile
The red ballon, incredible !
the introduction very interesting and stunning ( teller has his head inside a stone block.
The miser dream of course Smile
The cigarette act and explanation.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I liked the Lance Burton show, but found it less entertaining than P&T and Amazing Johnathan.
P&T was definately the best of all of the shows I saw in Vegas. And I was front row center for all of them.
Lance Burton is an amazingly nice guy with fantastic stage presence and incredible technical mastery, but he is a traditionalist. He is keeping the old alive, not inventing anything really new. I mean, how many times have I seen a newspaper tear? And the effect in the fencer thing has been done in stage shows forever. They used to do it in Lion and Bear suits.
Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of his, but P&T are more my style. Contemporary, innovative, a little irreverent but not pointlessly so.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
You're all missing out on one of the best (and funniest) shows you'll ever see if fail to catch Mac King at Harrahs... (afternoon shows only)
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I saw Penn and Teller's show back in 2004 and it was a wonderful show. Some of the routine's I saw listed here were not done, but it was still the best magic show I've seen. I've seen Copperfield, Amazing Johnathan, and some of the other touring companies along with many names at conventions. So far, P&T have been the best.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I intend to see Mac King the next time I go.
The only show I will not waste my money on is Hans Klok.
I saw Copperfield, not in Vegas, but back when he was a household name on tour.
He's also not my style. I can't find much redeeming to say about Copperfield as I can with Lance Burton.
Ok, I take that back. What he does for the children with his foundation is nice.
Other than that, I find his aloofness unappealing.
And I really hate how he hordes magic history all to himself.
The largest collection of it's kind and he keeps it in a private warehouse where it can be viewed by invitation only. It will never be seen by the public, who needs to see it more than anyone. This is our history! As Indiana Jones said "It belongs in a Museum!"
Also, I find his shows perfectly embody the 80's ideal of all style and no substance.
And then there's this:
http://www.thecellfreak.com/blog/listen-......oicemail

Quote:
On 2009-02-23 20:51, jocdoc wrote:
You're all missing out on one of the best (and funniest) shows you'll ever see if fail to catch Mac King at Harrahs... (afternoon shows only)
~Will Rogers
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Going down memory lane...anyone remember P & 5 & ? when they were called

Asperagus...back in San Francisco...at a little club called _____??
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
It's been two years since I saw their show. What's the "red ball" effect?
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
It's Teller's version of the floating ball.

Apparently it's one of the best versions out there. He spent a fair amount of time refining it. This article tells more:

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2008/......-teller/
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
It's the best version I've ever seen.
No music, no special light,no words, just Teller and his red ball.

Yes, I agree,Mc King is the best afternoon show.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I think Asparagas Valley Cultural Society was at the Broadway Theater in North Beach.

P & T are always working on new material.

And Teller is working on a new seance show with some sideshow guy from New York.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
And that MacBeth show.

Quote:
On 2009-03-03 02:22, Todd Robbins wrote:
I think Asparagas Valley Cultural Society was at the Broadway Theater in North Beach.

And Teller is working on a new seance show with some sideshow guy from New York.
~Will Rogers
johnaccardo
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of johnaccardo
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 01:36, critter wrote:
He calls it Silverfish.
http://www.pennandteller.com/03/coolstuff/tellersessays.html

hey. my name is john. and I'm studying Teller. His life and his magic. on your link, I tried to view The article about Silverfish. unfortunately, my computer could not process the link for whatever reason. if you could copy and paste that article and send it to me in an email, I would be very very grateful. or if anyone could do this, id be extremely happy.
my e-mail is johnman95@pacbell.net
thanks a lot!
-John Accardo
johnaccardo
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of johnaccardo
Quote:
On 2009-03-03 02:22, Todd Robbins wrote:

Mr. Robbins. A few weeks ago I went to new york city for the first time. and having such a strong love for magic, I wanted to see all the best magic shows and stores. Johnny Thompson was the first person to tell me about "play Dead". Out of my love for the work of Penn and Teller I chose to see it because I enjoy seeing anything that either of those men are associated with. seeing your show was definitely one of the greatest experiences of my life. It was by far one of the best shows I have seen in my entire life. Every element was thought out perfectly from the subject matter to the fact that there was no intermission. It had the extremes of all emotions. I laughed, I screamed, I cried. It was truly an incredible experience and I would give almost anything to see it again. it was superb, and since then I have been paying much closer attention to both yours and Mr. Teller's careers.
Thank you for showing me something I will never ever forget.
-John Accardo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Penn and Teller's Miser's Dream (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL