The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Sports Watches (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I have had a problem when going for sports watches, I seem to find the initial part of the steal is tripping me up. It is something about the rubber straps that I am finding quite hard as it has such memory some sports watches have almost moulded straps.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any tips? I have had to resort to a two hand steal executed in two parts before but I was wondering if there was some knack to doing it one handed?

Cheers,

Ben
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Hi Nechto,

From what you describe, I genuinely believe you have found the best (sure-shot) solution.

Two handed steal is sure to do the job in a way that will go unnoticed (if your misdirection and touching/conditioning interactions are well done).

One handed steal "may" work at times, but is always risky IMHO, since you never know what yo uwill encounter.

Hope this helps.

Perhaps other Café members have alternate methods and , as a result, have experienced great success with one-handed steals on sports watches. If so, please post... I (too) am ready to learn.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
It's not a problem, it's the way to steal them.

Two times, two hand.

Apollo showed me a criss cross two hand to steal leather band who works perfectly for this kind of watch.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
JaY-JaY Pickpocket
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of JaY-JaY Pickpocket
These watches are always problems, because mostly they are big, thick and tend to flick back once you have removed the pin.

As parmenion and jonathan said, you can take them, however I believe the less you can touch someone the better. The more you touch their wrist and fiddle with the watch, the more chance of getting caught. And honestly, I would rather have taken 5 watches without getting caught, then try and taking 10, but getting caught 3-4 times.

The criss cross version works good - also just using two hands...can work as well. As jonathan said, you just need proper misdirection.

I used to hate people saying this, but I have learnt that sometimes you need to just leave it and move on. I do a fair few gigs on the coast near the beach, and a lot of people wear the surf watches. I will have a little fiddle, but if the band is really thick and very rubbery...I will not bother.

Let me know.
Check JaY-JaY Out!
www.youtube.com/jayjayentertainment
www.myspace.com/jayjayentertainment
Facebook - JaY JaY 'josh jayaweera'
Love to hear from you!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
I agree with Jay.
More you're implicated in pickpocket more you understand you don't have to try to steal everything.
Pickpocket is not magic.
Never think like a magician, it means don't try to prove your are the best in the world.
For pickpocket is useless and dangerous.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
JaY-JaY Pickpocket
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of JaY-JaY Pickpocket
Exactly Parmenion,

Pickpocketing is not magic. It is more technique and sleight of hand....however that does not mean you can not sell it as magic.

A friend of mine, takes a watch then does some wonder words with his audience so at the end of the show, they always say, He never touched me.

It all depends on how you want to sell it.

For me, I have magic in my show, but people understand the pickpocketing is my sleight of hand and technical ability. I like to have variety in my show. Some unexplainable things, some funny things, and some very quick/clever technical things.

Once again, this is what works for me. That's how I play it at the moment....
Check JaY-JaY Out!
www.youtube.com/jayjayentertainment
www.myspace.com/jayjayentertainment
Facebook - JaY JaY 'josh jayaweera'
Love to hear from you!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Jay-Jay said:

I used to hate people saying this, but I have learnt that sometimes you need to just leave it and move on. I do a fair few gigs on the coast near the beach, and a lot of people wear the surf watches. I will have a little fiddle, but if the band is really thick and very rubbery...I will not bother.
--------------------------------------------

Excellent point, Jay-Jay. Spot on!

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Sports Watches (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL