The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Remote Control Reciever/Transmitter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I found a source for RF Remote Control Reciever/Transmitters. They are from China and come in 1 channel up to 15 channels! I got one and have hooked it up for simple on/off function and it works well. I used it on my PK Bolt and it is cool. Pretty simple to make the fob a toe switch.
Is there a demand for these? I'm ordering 10 for myself and wondering if others need them. My one channel cost $30 delivered to the USA, which I thought was a good deal.
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Is there a site or picture we can see for size and spec?

Dr.
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Here is a link. You will need to provide a power supply - battery pack. I am using a 9V battery to keep size down and it seems to work (They do make a 9v unit, I didn't know this until after mine arrived.)
They also appear to have ones that will switch 120 AC.
Set up is plug in the wires to the power supply, plug in the wires from your device, pretty simple.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1CH-RF-Wireless-Remo......0%3A1318
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Tpax, thanks for the link. These are indeed cheaper than the Visonics Ltd. remotes that I get.
I noticed that these are mostly relay switches. You will need another power supply to operate whatever motor or gadget you want to turn on.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I wonder if there is going to be problems with these remotes when everything goes fully diigital in the US in June.

Also, if it says 12 volt, I would use 12 volt to maintain the effectiveness of the transmitter and receiver. It is not that hard to wire two AA or AAA in series with a 9 volt to get the 12 volt power supply.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I have small 12V 27A batteries that are used in the keyfob transmitters I want to use. Do you think they will work OK?
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
This is one of the best remote:
http://www.electronickits.com/remote_control/rf2.htm

Paulo
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 21:43, tpax wrote:
I have small 12V 27A batteries that are used in the keyfob transmitters I want to use. Do you think they will work OK?

I have used 12 volt N type batteries (keyfob batteries) with my momentary remotes and they work great.
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 21:04, hugmagic wrote:
I wonder if there is going to be problems with these remotes when everything goes fully diigital in the US in June.

Also, if it says 12 volt, I would use 12 volt to maintain the effectiveness of the transmitter and receiver. It is not that hard to wire two AA or AAA in series with a 9 volt to get the 12 volt power supply.

Richard

Even though it says 12 volts you can wire two 9 volt batteries in series which will give you 18 volts and run these remotes with no problems.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I just placed an order for a 2 channel 9V DC power supply. I'll see if I get it on time. Quick replies and good technical answers. You even have the option of getting a 1000 to 2000 meter range transmitter. Wow, that's far enough.

BTW, yes, I also have one of those transmitters from Carl's Electronics that Paulo Cabrita posted. It also works well and it is used to power any 12V DC motor or gadget.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I bought this remote cheaper and they forgot to include the instruction for me. I couldn't wait to play with it so I miswired andI burnt the PC Board. They did sent me the instruction via email after that but I shorted the circuit before I got the instruction. Any how, I am not good with reading the diagram so I hav eno idea how it works. I need a momentary remote so I can power another 3 V light (on about 2,3 seconds then off)

Well, if someone buy this and can help me hook up to use it as momentary remote I really appreciate it. Here is the link:

http://www.virtualvillage.com/Items/0015......20System

Oh and if you buy 2 or more, you;ll get discount: "Order 2 or more items at the same time and get 20% off of your total shipping cost automatically!"

Ken
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
There are a few ways to wire this to control a 3 volt light bulb. How much space do you have in the battery compartment ? Does it have to be a 3 volt bulb ? Using a 12 volt bulb would simplify the wiring. If you use a 12 volt bulb you can use the voltage that powers the remote too power the bulb but if you must use a 3 volt bulb you will have to add a 3 volt power source for the bulb. Let me know which way you want to do it and I will draw you up a diagram.

Nick
PWB
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of PWB
If it needs to be a 3 vdc power supply two AAA batteries in a cheap battery holder is simple and light weight. as far as the wiring, set it up for the battery to run to the light bulb and make sure it works. then cut the neg wire and connect it to the common and no(normally open contact on the relay board. this way when you push the button the relay will close and it will light. I have several sources for both latching and momentary switches. Let me know if this helps.

Pat
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Remote Control Reciever/Transmitter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL