The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anyone interested in ACAAN? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Trying to gauge interest in an ACAAN presentation (four actually). One for stage, one as a close up opener, one for a close up closer, and one that uses an extra prop. Is this the kind of thing people are still into?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1354 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Definitely yes. Not sure as an opener if the presentation is truly strong it's difficult to follow; moreso as a closer.

Brian
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Why not, yes!
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi Michael:

Hope you are well.

My thought is:
For a closer- ( Stage.)
How about this:
Have a deck resting on a table. Perpendicular to the rear of the table, you have a sign with a big question mark drawn on it. Under the question mark, you show an arrow pointing downwards, towards the deck. Off to the side of the stage, you place a screen. During your stage work, the shot of the table is constantly
projected onto this screen. You ignore this, as if it wasn't there. Then, when
the audience believes that your routines are over, you kill 'em with this.
I believe that this will definitely peek everyone's interest, from beginning to end.

I hope you don't mind my $ .02?
Very best,

Sixten
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
ABK is finally done, I'll be shooting some quick clips for it tonight (to embed in the pdf). This is current working material for me that I'm moving away from for a change in character.

Silver Lining: a foil lined gum wrapper is signed by the spectator and dropped into her hands. It then moves about, re-arranging it's own wrinkles to form the shape of a random 2 digit number she merely named earlier. The script is perfect magic theatre, and justifies the magic and use of the gum wrapper.

Poltergeist: A coin bends, and a heavy glass vase is pushed around the table by an unseen force (despite the spectator trying to hold it still). No magnets, threads, or stooges.

un-dead head: A close up zombie effect with a new kind of gimmick that you can apply close up or on stage various objects float.

Nightlife Aces: Cavorting aces with a climax. At the end, all the aces vanish without sleights and appear under your drink.

plus... and here's my favorite part:

Attacking ACAAN, is included with the package. It details four presentations for ACAAN. One stage, one as a close up opener (believe it or not...), one is a close up closer, and one takes on a psychometry feel and completely re-explores what ACAAN can be.

Attacking ACAAN also covers the trade offs of each method used and it's effect on the presentation.

The notes include both pictures and video where needed, and look very nice. Special sections are highlighted (as though you where looking at my private notebook), and sticky notes add extra details, anecdotes and afterthoughts. PDF is fully bookmarked, searchable, and linked with it's own table of contents for ease of use. As always, I am available to help readers with questions regarding each routine.

Most of the material is fairly easy, attacking ACAAN is aimed more at intermediate magicians and requires knowledge of a mem deck.

The price is 25$ and will be available at theinvisiblethread.com tonight. Five copies going out for review. If you want one, pm me. These notes will be limited.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
That sounds very good! I particularly liked Silver Lining.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
The review is up, and the product is called ABK. ABK does contain the "Attacking ACAAN" section with four ACAAN presentations. It's at theinvisiblethread.com
Photo-Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester
141 Posts

Profile of Photo-Wizard
Check out this thread for an eye witness account of the ultimate ACAAN and also ultimate Visible Coin bending and straithening routines which I witnessed being performed in the Ruskin Hotel late Saturday night/early sunday morning at this years Blackpool Magic Convention

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=0#18

Its in the "Are you feeling sleepy" section
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anyone interested in ACAAN? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL