The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Hade-E-Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Although it isn't the flying carpet, but it is a levitation similar to it.

I fell in love with Osborn's Book 2 on Illusions called Hade-E-Levitation. This is where all through the show you're using this table, then you lay a boy on the table and slowly make him rise a bit, then the table falls to the ground slowly, and the boy appears to be floating. After the hoop, the table rises from the floor and the boy is lowered back on to the table. No assistants required, and can use a boy from the audience.

The nice thing is you can walk away from it on the completion of the trick.

Has anyone ever seen this trick done?
Dennis Michael
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
That seems very interesting. Sounds like the floating table effect David Copperfield did a while back...But with someone laying ontop of the table....Could be cool for an audience participation illusion to? I'm unfamiliar with this design from Osborn, but do you think this would be practical for an audience member?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
You ask the tough question. The best way to determine if an audience member is right for the levitation is to use him or her in the previous trick and assess him for the potential levitation.

I haven't done this yet but I have that assess the kids before and usually can pick a good volunteer.
Dennis Michael
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
I'd like to see it! It sounds like an old levitation where a child floated up about a foot off a table, but the table didn't lower. I like it already.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
As do I. We usually assess the member by bringing multipule members onstage to see how they respond to direction.After that the member is chosen and the others are ushered aside to watch from onstage. Let me know how this one goes, this could be very cool.
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
151 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
The Hade-i-table levitation has fascinated me for years, too... ever since it appeared in a Genii in about 1968. I have never seen one... and have a builder friend who looked at the plans and claims that the mechanics are all wrong and that the table will never come back up if built per the plans. I would love to hear from anyone who has seen it done and examined the workings or has built one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Hade-E-Levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL