The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Great Scott's Coins, Coins, Coins...:) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Thanks for your order. Let me know what you think.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Review:
My Best to You Volume 2: Coins by Scott Guinn (Ebook)

http://www.scottfguinn.com

Scott has put together 13 of his best routines for this ebook and let me say your in for a treat !!!!!!

Every routine taught is from Scott¡¯s working repertoire tested and worked work out through the years to perfection.

He starts off with a trick called ¡°Sucker Trick¡± and how sweet it is. You have a sucker and a dime the dime penetrates the sucker a few times then sticks to the sucker then at the end the dime goes right through the wrapper to be stuck inside. The only way to get the dime out is to open the wrapper. Strong magic for walk around.

Next is Scott¡¯s take on Coins to cup ¡°Glass Action Suit¡± is a coins to cup with every coin that travels is done in a totally different way then the next for the final all the coins travel at once. Let me not forget if you don¡¯t have a cup handy Scott shows you how to do it in the spectators hand. Now that¡¯s in your face magic.

You continue on your journey with the next routine called ¡°Wormhole¡± Just awesome is all I can say, any time you add props to your coin magic you have a winner in my book.
You have a 5 inch ring and a coin when the coin goes into the ring it becomes invisible you take it out its visible you do this a few times in different ways, then at the end you make one last toss of the coin into the ring and the coin becomes 3 inches in size right before your eyes. I love it !!!!! It reminds me of my Somthin Nothin Routine.

Don¡¯t put that 5 inch ring away just yet because the next routine taught is ¡°Into the Fourth Dementia¡± Here you have three silver coins and one by one you pick up a coin and drop it into the 5inch ring but when the coin lands on the table it has changed into copper, the second goes the same way but the third well it has issues and only one side changes into copper. If you want a different take on a Wild coin or Spellbound routine then this is it.

¡°Eye Con¡± is next up, if you work restaurant then this one routine could be all you need. This is a multiphase routine where it could be stooped at any of the phases in case the food comes and it will feel the routine is over..

One of my long time favorites from Scott is next. ¡°Pouched CSB¡± this is Scott¡¯s take on the Copper/Silver/Brass If your looking for a C/S/B routine I would give this a try for sure. Very Strong magic through out the routine and at the end all coins are examinable. Everything is done right in the open, no going to your pockets like most of the routines out there for this gimmick.

Go put your shoes on we need to go to the barn next for ¡°Sheep and Thieves¡±
Here is a complete, multi-phase routine based on the classic ¨DThieves and Sheep plot. No standard patter line here, instead he chooses to go with a pseudo-scientific explanation of how the copper coins have a negative charge and the silver coins a positive charge, causing them to repel each other.
This routine is relatively easy to do. It is structured to put the audience at ease when you¡®re dirty, and at the end you are clean and everything can be examined!

¡°North American Jumping Coins¡± is next on the list. Do you ever use that Scotch and Soda gaff anymore¡­..I¡¯ll say probably not. Well its time to get it back out and dust it off because you¡¯ll need it for this slick coins across routine. Who what¡¯ve thought Scotch and Soda for Coins across.

Its time to get the table out so we can do ¡°UN Coins thru Table¡± Three coins are set on the table; a Mexican twenty-centavo, an English Penny, and a US Eisenhower dollar. One by one they penetrate the table top. This can be done while standing !!!!!!! If your willing to put in some time with this one you¡¯ll have a great Coins thru table routine.

Its time to steal your Wifes, Moms, or Girlfriends nail polish and empty it out. We need to do ¡°Struck, Packed, & Pitched¡± This is a coin in bottle done and presented in a totally different way, who says everybody know about that trick. That might be so that¡¯s why we need to present them in different ways to throw them off.
You borrow a quarter and cause it to magically penetrate inside a small bottle with its lid still firmly screwed on. You remove the lid. The neck of the bottle is clearly far to small to extract the coin. Yet you take a tweezers, insert the nose into the bottle and grip the coin, and visually extract the coin through the bottle¡®s neck. The coin is immediately returned, and you are absolutely clean! Can you say WTF if you can¡¯t that¡¯s OK because your spectators will after you perform this baby.

In this next routine Scott is really wanting you to take out some old gaffs ¡°Shelled, Folded, & Hooked¡± The Hanging Coins¡¬ plot is one of the neo-classics of coin magic. Here is Scott¡¯s very simple and straightforward handling of this effect. If John Ramsey could see this he would be proud.

Scott goes into another classic The Cap and Pence plot, He calls this ¡°Stacked, Waxed, & Huacked¡±
Seven quarters are introduced and fairly shown on all sides. The quarters are placed in a stack on the back of hand. A dollar bill, folded so that it forms a cylinder, is placed over the stack of coins.
You make a mystic pass over the covered coins and then instruct the spectator to carefully lift the bill with their other hand. To their amazement the coins have magically changed into US copper pennies! Your hands are empty and everything may be examined!

Now a ebook of this magnitude would¡¯nt be complete without a one Coin Routine.
¡°Great Scott¡¯s Flurry¡± is a thing of beauty. It would have to considering all these guys has a influence in this routine David Roth, John Ramsay, Slydini, David Harkey, Michael Ammar, John Bannon, Bob Kohler, Dai Vernon, Gary Ouellet and Max Malini

I can¡¯t recommend this Ebook enough it has alittle of everything in it. Nothing is to hard to do but it will take practice. Scott goes into great depth on explaining and crediting everybody involved.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Thanks Tim, for your very kind and in-depth review!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I bought that book, too. Great stuff. So far I've worked on the coins to cup and wormhole and into the fourth dementia. Very magical.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Thanks, Mike! Glad you like it. Those routines are some of my favorites from the book.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 10:01pm
------------------------------
I'm offering a special on this right now for Magic Café readers only...

You have two options.

Option A: Get this book for $22.50 and I'll give you a $15 credit toward any download you want on my site.

Option B: Get this book and one of the other volumes in the "My Best to You" series, and I'll give you the third volume free, plus you'll get my marked deck ebook free, and a $15 credit toward any other download--that's a $60 value when you spend only $45!

If you've already purchased this book, send your PayPal receipt to me in an email, and I'll still give you the deal above.

Just my way of saying thanks to all my friends here on The Café who have encouraged and supported me over the years.

To get this deal, buy the first item(s) from the options above through the cart on my site. Then send me an email (scott@scottfguinn.com) stating that you want Café Option A or Café Option B, telling me what free items you want, and I will send them to you.

Thanks again guys, for all your nice comments and support!
My Lybrary Page
bouche
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of bouche
My favourite effect from his coin book is the wormhole. I never imagined being able to segue from a coin routine into a ring and rope but this routine fits the bill perfectly!

I also took advantage of this offer for Magic Café readers. Showed him my receipt and requested the downloads and received them the next day. Great tricks, great offer - totally worthwhile.

Thanks Scott.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Thanks bouche! I appreciate your kind words and I'm glad you feel the material is worthwhile.

I like Wormhole,too, and my favorite part of it is the extra phase I've added since it originally appeared in Profiles in Coinage. That part just fries 'em, and is probably the easiest phase in the routine!
My Lybrary Page
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Its' a little late but I'd like to say that My Best To You 2 is one of the best investments any close up performer can make. It is well written. The explanations are superb and the effects are "workable" and fun to perform.

The sleight index is a nice touch to the ebook. Scott has some great coin work in here. I was entertained from the very first effect to the last....

BTW the Sucker Trick is a gem...The reaction you get from your audience when you hand them the sealed lollipop with the dime inside to keep reminds me why I do magic. Scott has 13 wonderful ROUTINES.

I enjoyed it from start to finish. if your even thinking about getting it just do it. You can purchase it at http://www.scottfguinn.com I just want to thank Scott for sharing these great routines and can't wait for more.

Happy Coining
Junior Smile
J Rodriguez
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Hey Junior!

Thanks for your encouragement. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you like the book.

Just a side-note here, as I want folks to be happy with their purchases. I got an email from someone who was putting together a coin act for a magic club meeting with the theme of magician foolers. He wanted to know which of my routines I'd recommend for this. I replied: None.

I do magic in the world for "real people." None of my stuff is designed or intended to "fool the boys." Now parts of some of it may do that, but if you're looking for magician's magic (that is, magic to fool other magicians), you probably won't like my stuff. Also, if you're looking for advanced, cutting-edge technique, you'll probably be happier with something else.

If, on the other hand, you want practical, commercial material that has been used in paying gigs to good response, you might like my stuff.

I post this simply in the interests of full disclosure.
My Lybrary Page
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

I have had a few people ask me if I have this book in stock. just to be clear...

Unless otherwise noted, everything on my site is an instant download eBook. If it is on the site, you can get it immediately.

Thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement. It's nice when you put something out there and people find it to be of value to them.
My Lybrary Page
Maforen
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Maforen
I can't find anything on this sleight, The Guinn Utility Backslip. It all sounds good, but seeing is believing. I don’t buy sight unseen, "who does that"? I got a bridge to sell you...
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

You can substitute other sleights for the GUB. Obviously, I'm biased, so my recommendation is pretty much worthless. But you don't have to know the GUB to do anything in this book. Use any control that suits you.
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Great Scott's Coins, Coins, Coins...:) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL