The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Electric Cigarette Dropper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
I was doing a Google search for cigarette droppers, tanks etc and came across an old auction listing for one on some site. There we no photos on the site, but it described it as using two pushes to make the production. The first one lights the cig and the second one drops it in hand.

I would be very interested to get one these provided it actually works like it should.

Has anyone ever seen one of these or know where to get one? Googling the topic further only took me back to the auction listing....
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Wow! That is really an antique item and I believe those tanks are really old. Please make sure that the ignition is still in working order and not badly oxidized.

I would also like to hear from anyone who have used it. I have read about it but still wondering how practical it is.

When we place a cigarette on our lips, light it with a lighter and simultaneously suck on the cigarette to make it light properly ... that is how a cigarette gets lighted and stay lighted, isn't it? Try lighting the cigarette with a lighter but do not puff or suck it, and you would find that the cigarette is not lighted. I have tired that. That's because I am a smoker.

So for this particular tank, I am wondering whether the cigarette is fully lighted or stay lighted when it drops onto your hand when pressed - produced and placed on your lips to suck it.

I really like to hear from those who have used this successfully.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
The cigarettes have to be chemically treated in order to have them light, prior to the drop. I used to just use two cigarettes that were lit and produce unlit or dummies and use those for the discards. There was enough smoke in the air to not notice that cigarettes were being produced unlit.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Stanyon. Having the cigarettes chemically treated makes sense.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
A cig held against a hot surface (ie: an electric coil, burner on a stove)long enough to complety make the end red will stay lit.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Quote:
On 2009-02-28 13:35, Stanyon wrote:
I used to just use two cigarettes that were lit and produce unlit or dummies and use those for the discards. There was enough smoke in the air to not notice that cigarettes were being produced unlit.

FWIW

I have experimented with routines of this type, and although I have never performed them for an audience, they seemed simple and effective.

I have merely been wanting to play around with tanks and see how I like using them as well.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Electric Cigarette Dropper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL