The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Casanova Inc with things other than business cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

smith83
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of smith83
I really love the organic nature of the business cards, but I don't have any and won't get them made up. I've got some blank faced bicycles I'd like to use and was wondering what you guys thought of that with the boy/girl presentation. You guys use anything else?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
If you think about it, you can use a lot of different shapes instead of the circle. You can also use a lot of different kinds of pictures. TV screen (different channels), movie screen (different audience members or number of audience members), street sign (left arrow, right arrow), etc. etc.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Blank faced playing cards are great to use and the slickness of the cards make multiple turn overs automatc without using a block.

Once you set it up, you can reset as fast as you can draw a stickman/woman, or do like I do and have a stack pre drawn with only a few blank and you have a very compact effect, that's can be done surrounded and in the hands.

Also, you could draw the stick figures with crows, to represent a king and a queen, which could lead to a good presentation.

Hope that helps,

Steve Haynes
smith83
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of smith83
I don't get what you mean by crows
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2009-03-04 02:36, smith83 wrote:
I don't get what you mean by crows

Pretty sure Steve meant to type "crowns"
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
acchessor
View Profile
Elite user
Nebraska
402 Posts

Profile of acchessor
A pretty weird performance story:

I pulled this out for the first time yesterday (using blank cards and the boy/girl presentation), and I got to the part where I had the girl on the deck and they were holding the other card. I said, "So I have the girl and you have the guy, right?" So, in order to confirm this, the person flipped over the card in his hands. So, the three of us are looking at two girl cards with initials written on both of them. Needless to say, they freaked out. I quickly got my girl switched for the guy, and they were still surprised.

Later on in the day, I did the way it was meant to be done, and one of the people watching was the same person who was holding the girl. Afterwards he remarked "I still haven't figured it out." This assures me that this really is a bullet-proof method, and has anyone ever thought of a clone presentation, or do you think that would be too obvious?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I own the Casanova Concept DVD, and loved it since then. The routine on the TA sets is a brilliant use of this as well.

I love the idea of the business cards with the boy and girl drawings. You can us flash cards, or any other card type object that you can draw/write on.

Playing cards are of course great, but the use of business cards, and the drawings giving them identities take this so far above and beyond a "card trick."
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
394 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
I have complitely fallen in love with this effect. I like to go right to the transposition and leave the "ambitious card"-part away.

acchessor you don't have to ask them anything. In audiences viewpoint if you have the girl, then they must have the boy. Before I show them the girl, I like to ask if they want to guess which one I have - without looking at their own card ofcourse. In my opinion that motivates the shuffling and why they are not allowed to check out their own card.

-Aleksi
acchessor
View Profile
Elite user
Nebraska
402 Posts

Profile of acchessor
Quote:
On 2009-03-09 12:06, AlluTallu wrote:
I have complitely fallen in love with this effect. I like to go right to the transposition and leave the "ambitious card"-part away.

acchessor you don't have to ask them anything. In audiences viewpoint if you have the girl, then they must have the boy. Before I show them the girl, I like to ask if they want to guess which one I have - without looking at their own card ofcourse. In my opinion that motivates the shuffling and why they are not allowed to check out their own card.

-Aleksi

Yeah, I no longer do that question, but I still somewhat think that the cloning part is pretty good and maybe I can work that into a longer presentation. I like the guessing part - I'll have to add that in.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
394 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
Yeah, the guessing part really makes everything more logical and motivated. I mean why would you shuffle the cards and keep their card face down if you just wanted to convince them that they have the boy?

Another presentational detail I just came up with:

Shuffle the cards and give one of them to your spectator.

"Ok, I want you to try to guess which card I have. Without looking at your own card of course."

She answers: "The girl?"

You show her your card and comment:

"Absolutely right! Of course you wonder what would have happened if you had answered 'The boy'. In that case you would have also been right since the cards would just have changed places like this."

You then normally go to the transposition part.

I apologize if my poor english doesn't make any sense Smile

-Aleksi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Casanova Inc with things other than business cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL