The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Update: Show for 14- yr old girls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

themagicofmc
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of themagicofmc
The show went great, and that's an understatement. Here is what I did:
  • Billiard Balls to techno music
  • IT
  • C&R rope
  • Die Box
  • Bounce/No Bounce Balls
  • Mentalism Routine with birthday girl
  • Linking Rings
  • Passe Passe Bottles
  • Card to Picture Frame
  • Dagger Head Chest
The card to pic frame got a great reaction. To start it, I show a color photocopy of my empty hand and seal it in an envelope and have somebody hold it. I then brought the birthday girl up again and had her select a card and examine the deck to make sure the cards are different. I vanished the card and produced it in a previously empty pic frame. Next I showed a jumbo piece of poster board and turn it around to reveal my prediction. It was a 3 foot tall card that matched the one she choose. To finish, I went back to the person holding the envelope with the pic of my empty hand in it. She opened it and pulled the pic out and (you guessed it) my hand was holding the choosen card in the pic. They were blown away. At the end of the show, they gave me a standing ovation ... my first one ever.

The moral of the story— don't turn down shows for 14-year old girls, I almost did because I am 15-years old. It turned out to be one of the top five best shows I have ever done and one of the hardest because of the age group. If you are ever approached to do a show for this age group, don't turn it down. (If you do, send it to me!) They were a very fun and great audience. In response to Dragonia's post— I could have probabally gotten any one of the girls to go out with me, but I didn't want to because I want to go out with my new assistant in my show. Good thing I didn't bring her last night, she is 14 too and it might not have gone so well. Thanks to everyone who posted for all your advice and for helping me with a great show!

Michael

Smile
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
247 Posts

Profile of gocall911
AWESOME JOB!!! I'm glad it went good for you! I always liked performing for girls my age. Except for this one party but that's another story (PM me or something if you want to hear it). Sound like you had a great time too and that's a very big thing! Keep up the good work!

Caleb
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
Hey
I did a show for 13-year old girls. It went well, they kept asking me for more though. Smile

But anyway I was curious, what is your card to picture frame called? Where can I find it?

Any help here would be appreciated. Smile
Thanks
Hagan
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
themagicofmc
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of themagicofmc
I came up with my whole routine for the card pic frame. Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic will get you started if you look under Make at Home Magic. The effect in the book is just a small part of what I do. Email me if you want help adding to the effect. themagicofmc@juno.com

Michael Smile
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Good to hear it went well. If you have any others, let us know if you get the same reaction.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
What's this? You never even called me??? lol
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
I don't do many shows for teenagers, but I did one last Christmas for a mix of boys and girls. Wow, was it hard work! I was doing a close-up act going from table to table, but more and more of them were just following me around, until virtually the entire hall was all round the last table! I was getting quite a lot of heckling (mostly good natured!) so I turned to one quiet girl (hoping to get her on my side) to help me with the next trick— unfortunately she turned out to be teenage bratt from hell Smile and wouldn't leave me alone!

It was only an hour show and I remember looking at my watch and saw I had 15 minutes to go— it seemed like a life time! At this point someone piped up and said he can do a card trick— so I just gave him a pack of cards and took 5 minutes out!

Funnily enough, at the end of it all the booker seemed really happy and said "oh we'll definitely use you again." NO THANKS! Smile
Mark
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Sounds like a great list of routines for this age group, I bet it would also work for adults or a family show. Good job. I did a show for 11 -12 years old girls, they were great. I find the boys on the other hand are a little more of a challenge at this age.

One more thought, do you think it helped that you are the same age?
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks for sharing your success.

Teen-agers can be a great audience.

I work with about 3300 of them weekly at the Middle and High School.

As a Prevention Counselor I prefer being known as the Nearly Normal Magic Man than that Drug Gug! (LOL)

Continued success, keep us posted.

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Update: Show for 14- yr old girls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL