The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » World Magic Seminar Flash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Basically he shows an envelope with a prediction. You choose a card (not from a deck) draw it into a normal spiral notebook (can be any paper really) sign it, and spectator opens the envelope and it is the card spectator drew.
Not a bad effect, though I prefered several others he was pushing. Dean is so creative. He has way too much time to think in that barbershop.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I was REALLY floored by Revelation. Dean thought he may have to perform CPR on me. It is such an incredible idea and VERY clean. I didn't pick it up, but I did finally snag one of his beautiful pads. We got to see several shows after the convention, Penn and Teller (with Café regular Dave V and his lovely wife), Mac King, and Lance Burton. All were fantastic, but Penn and Teller really stood out to me as it was my first time seeing them in Vegas. They have a new "close-up" bit done on a big screen that will fool you big time.

And how about those kids in the teen competition?!?! My good friend Bill Koch from Chicago took 2nd place and the Yamagami brothers took 3rd. But the young man from Japan who took first place, Hiroki (something) was killer. He really has star written all over him.
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Quote:
On 2009-03-05 02:08, Pete Biro wrote:
Hungarian Magician, "SOMA" won the Gold Lion's Head and $5000 from Siegfried and Roy. Great act. Great Convention. Just got home from airport. Hit trick in dealer room was Dean Dill's "Revelation" He couldn't get them out fast enough. Baffled everyone with it.

Just to keep the record straight -

Soma won the Golden Lion's Head Award which is the "People's Choice" award and the $5000 is given by the WMS.

Han Seol-Hui from Korea won the SARMOTI Award which is decided and given by Siegfried and Roy and is also accompanied by a $5000 cash prize.

Bill
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-03-05 22:18, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-05 04:56, vinsmagic wrote:
VINCE MENDOZA IS A CLASS ACT....

Couldn't agree more Vinny. He was gracious enough to share a new twist in rubber band moves with me. Thank you Vince!

Great seeing you Vinny. I'm sorry our paths didn't cross much. I'm sure we'll meet again.

I had a great time!
-Josh

BTW Soma was phenomenal. It was his telephone routine with some refinements. Live, it was magical. It had humor, continuity, meaning, a beginning, a middle and an end. We could all learn from him.

I didn't have the good fortune of discussing with Vince Mendoza, but Vinny "The Godfather" kindly showed me a full series of really clever rubber band effects during the too short time we had together over a breakfast. I couldn't grab him anymore after that and if I had time to show him some twists on card counts, I couldn't show him the Chameleon bag Purse routine that he was interested in. So much to share and so little time...!

Anyhow, I discovered that Vinny, as I supected, is not gifted only with cards and coins. Impressive magician with incredible creative capacity. I wish I could travel across again for your lecture Vinny. Very few people fully realize how valuable that will be.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
kellebotond
View Profile
New user
Hungary
86 Posts

Profile of kellebotond
Quote:
BTW Soma was phenomenal. It was his telephone routine with some refinements. Live, it was magical. It had humor, continuity, meaning, a beginning, a middle and an end. We could all learn from him.

For those who haven't seen his act:

SOMA - Phone Act
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jucxw56RDik

One of the best contemporary manipulation acts.
Bûvészmûsor Rendelés
http://www.buveszmusor.hu/
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Great Act.....
Alex The Magician
View Profile
New user
Austria
14 Posts

Profile of Alex The Magician
Greeting to everyone...

"SOMA" (Mr. Sámuel Hajnóczy) did a MIRACLE
with that creative entertaining work for the magicians world...

It was so needed that kind of wictory for Hungary
after Uri`s "pseudo-mentalist" and absolutely provokative TV shows
named "The Successor", which those are simply failed...,
as we alarmed the magicians earlier with James Randi before that crazy fake invasion against real magic...

Hungarian magicians was not listening to J.Randi and to me, to us, so they went involved into that crazy show presented always with continue media terror, but we did our job since one year, Uri and his local crazy magicians, helpers, partners simply lost their games against us...

While now the situations are looks much much better than one year ago, we still do not knowing how it was possible to happened that two local magic star quickly became a "mentalist", after they returned to their normal levels, now they are magicians again...

Even Soma`s main teacher and mentor "Mr. Jupiter" (Mr. Gergely Molnar),
who is a leader (or not?!) of the Hungarian magicians also was playing in Uri`s TV show, while he surprised also as well all the magicians, but the public opinion too in Hungary with his that kind of choice, what strange choice nearly made a lot of problems and real chaos...

We was attacked because of the continue analyzing the happenings and irrational media presentations of that show...

Now, we are still working on hardly (on Illusion Depo Forum also...)to normalize the magic life in Hungary, because is still a big big mass around and inside it...

I hope, that "Soma" will understand his new position, and will help for us to build a real magic culture in that country, we already started...

Magic is not just an easy business, or an easy life for anybody without knowing it`s real traditions, basics and main laws...

Magic is more than entertainment, more than art, and more than science...,

which facts was hardly forgotten long long ago...

So, "Soma", Congratulations again...,

and please welcome into the real and new magical world...

Best Regards,
"Alex", S.H.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » World Magic Seminar Flash (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL