The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Connecting with your audience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Not only does the strolling make you more familiar with your audience, it also allows you to find the people that reacted the best to your routines and would make ideal volunteers in your stand-up show.

Woodfield
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
I understand all the pros with strolling - it's just not something I personally enjoy doing. I'm very good at what I do onstage and can tell within the first few minutes of talking to the audience (before I've performed any routines) who is going to be good on stage with me.

Part of my anti-strolling sentiment is I never see any other type of act do it. I also don't leave my house ready to put on a show at a moments notice either. No peek wallets or center tear papers ready to be whipped into action. It's just me and my personal preferences.

For me, rapport with an audience is easy to create. I'm more at ease on stage than I am close-up. I have zero stage fright.

Anyway - no right or wrong way - just personal preferences and different performance styles.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
'The Alchemical Tools' by Paul Brook has a wealth of information about connecting with your audience.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Connecting with your audience (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL