The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New coin trick - Smileys! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I have a limited number of sets made in 50 cent Euro coins!! Perfect for Europe, and I will have these with me on my Italian tour that takes place in a few weeks. Please PM me for details.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I see a ton of uses for this and not necessarily in a formal close-up show. If I worked in a hospital I could see this being used constantly (the vet hospital is a close second). It's a good kid trick too. Very cool, Michael.
Gweedo
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Gweedo
Very nice effect! Makes me wanna..........smile?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

From David Regal -
"SMILEYS is really a great trick, Michael."

From Mike Gallo -
"SMILEYS is the perfect trick for all ages! It can be used for walk around, table hopping, or formal shows, and always brings a smile to the spectator's faces! I especially like Smileys Jr, which works great for me when I do magic at the bar. This is going to be one of the top coin tricks of the year!

Now SMILEYS is available trough your local magic dealer! Also available on our website if your dealer is not carrying it yet!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Bungle
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Bungle
Don't get me wrong I admire the Doctor but on this one......I dunno, I am not convinced.

$50 for a spellbound effect with two smiley badges, one small, one big.

Tricks like this make me..... Smile.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Actually, you get two gimmicked coins that are not found anywhere else, and the smiley faces are not ''buttons'', but specially made gimmicks. This trick can not be done by just sleight of hand due to big time traffic problems, which is why tbis trick is sold commercially. You are welcome to try it by pure sleight of hand, but I can tell you from experience that it won't look ANYWHERE near as good. As for the cost, you would be surpised to know how little the markup is after assembling all the pieces and producing the dvd. I feel the price is justified based on the routining and contents, but hey, if you want to do spellbound, go ahead. Bet they remember this much longer than a color change.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
A couple of years ago I discoverd little bouncy balls with smiley faces and used them in effects and even sales presentations. They are a big hit when left with a spectator. You coins give a nice twist to a way of brightening up a person's day. Maybe I can combine the two.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

From Dan Watkins - "Not only does Michael Rubinstein's new Spellbound routine put a smile on the face of your coins, it is guaranteed to literally put a smile on the faces of your spectators! Very clean, very magical, and most of all, very Smiley."
Thanks to everyone who wrote such positive comments about this effect, I hope you enjoy performing it as much as I do!!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Is Smiley Jr. described (taught) on NYCMS 8 ?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

There is a performance only demo in the bonus section of one of the DVDs, but it isn't taught. The gimmick you need is sold with the SMILEYS dvd, along with all the other gaffs.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Check out the David Regal review in the August issue of Genii!!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Here are some of the excerpts from the Regal review in this month's Genii magazine:
" ....about as magical and commercial as a coin trick can get."
".. it utilizes simple coin handling and a few gimmicks, all well-made."
"it is solid, visual, practical, high-impact magic."

On sale at my website, or through your local magic dealer!!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I had the oppprtunity to see this early on. Dr. Rubinstein and I were doing a convention in Japan alongside Bertini over a year ago. I remember Mike performing this day in and out. Regal beat me to it....It really is a great piece of fun/commercial magic. This is proof that magic doesn't have to be knuckle busting to be effective. All you need are some basic sleights and a great personality.

Mabuhay and cheers from Manila!

Rannie

PS I also highly recommend Fusion. Particularly the quarter size.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I've always thought that the problem of spellbound was the fact that changing the coin from an AMERICAN half to a BRITISH copper was screaming coin switch rather than magical change of nature. I felt this to te extent that I had real sterling silver coins copper plated so that the change would be a change of nature within the frame of a counterfeit coins routine.

Now with Smileys, you solve that problem. More than this you supply a script that people can easily emotionally project into. Another good point for your routine is that it has premises, cause and effect... and a climax with a regular day object (a badge) as opposed to a jumbo coin which doesn't exist in everyday life.

Thus you designed a perfect routine for workers, generating a pleasant atmosphere where people are not challenged but entertained: sincere congratulations

*PS: the routine wears the trademark of every great trick: how can it be that no one ever thought of this before?
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New coin trick - Smileys! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL