The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Card Coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Larry Stangel
View Profile
New user
Rhode Island
93 Posts

Profile of Larry Stangel
I'm looking for a coin (quarter or half dollar) that has a playing card printed or etched on one side. I believe these are called Card-coins, my searching has yet to yield anything. Anyone know where I could find one of these?

Thanks,

Larry
"you could look it up" Casey Stengel
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Paul Diamond produced Card Coins about 30 years ago. I recently found one on E-Bay.

Nick
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Larry go to http://www.kreis-magic.com/product/coin/ scroll almost to the bottom.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
Quote:
On 2009-03-08 22:58, NicholasD wrote:
Paul Diamond produced Card Coins about 30 years ago. I recently found one on E-Bay.

Nick

Sterling magic used to make coins with the index cut out. Mid 70's IIRC.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Just to clarify: The original Card Coins were etched on only one side. The one's at Kreis-Magic are cut all the way through.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Every "card coin" I've ever seen had the image cut all the way through. I have about 10 of them.

Steve
Larry Stangel
View Profile
New user
Rhode Island
93 Posts

Profile of Larry Stangel
I'm looking for them to be etched on one side to be used as a card revelation. I have seen them before but never had a use for one. The ones I have seen were etched on one side and the etching was painted red or black to match the suit.

Thanks for all the replies!
"you could look it up" Casey Stengel
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
I have a coin and card set from holdens c1950. It uses a miniature card, blank miniature card, and half shell. Let me know if you are interested. With this set the blank mini is signed and becomes the selected card. I provide miniature templates so you can print more cards as necessary. The signed cards can be given away. PM me if you are interested.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Card Coin? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL