The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn Gimmick Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
What else could I use for the Gimmick for EB? that would work well?

PM me if you don't want to talk about it on the thread.

Thanks.
Rimbaud
View Profile
Loyal user
Saint Louis
291 Posts

Profile of Rimbaud
Why use anything else? The creator, Richard Sanders, sells extra EB gimmicks at a very reasonable price on his web site. (3 for $20, I believe.)
http://www.DanLaddthehypnotist.com
"Saying 'Everyone is special' is just another way of saying 'No one is.'" --Dash from The Incredibles
invisible
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of invisible
Does any one use EB with different colored bills with any success? I have been playing around with canadian bills but it is pretty finicky. Definitly not as confident than I would be with US bills.
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Invisible:

You'll need to trim everything to make it work with colored bills

it will not be perfect but you can manage the bottom ends with a bit of hand tilting when needed and they don't see anything.

since trimming I've had no problems.
homegrown
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
85 Posts

Profile of homegrown
Great idea. I was wondering how to hold mine. It sticks out a little awkwardly- so I have to hold my hand a little awkwardly... and well that cycle is just not good for anyone.

Thanks!
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
The get-ready right before the effect is the tricky part, but I try to use a little misdirection by talking to them and making eye contact as I'm doing the set-up.

Another tip: I've found that as our bills are stiffer, you ideally want to use a bill for the get-ready bill that has no existing significant middle crease. If you don't, everything can slide into the old crease sometimes, making it difficult to find the get-ready.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
chronica
View Profile
Loyal user
France 94 Vitry s/s
246 Posts

Profile of chronica
Is EB ok with Euros bills please?

friendly

Chronica
Detlef
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
156 Posts

Profile of Detlef
Quote:
On 2009-04-16 08:52, chronica wrote:
Is EB ok with Euros bills please?

friendly

Chronica

You can`t change 5 into ten or ten into twenty cause the notes have a different size. But it works well with newspaperpices to notes.
chronica
View Profile
Loyal user
France 94 Vitry s/s
246 Posts

Profile of chronica
Ok thanks.
That might make a nice effect too.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
You can use small coins as an alternative for the gimmick. I've been using 10p pieces. Otherwise, use washes.

I change Lottery Tickets to £20 notes. I use a novelty note creator programme on the computer to create my own £20 notes (with my face on them).
It means I don't have to worry about people stealing and tearing the notes, and can perform other effects with them like pen through note as a follow up.

The programme is free if you know where to look, or can be bought very cheaply of eBay. Some versions also allow you to re-size the note to that it fits perfectly with your lottery tickets.

I can now perform this at my kids show, and give the children one of these novelty notes as a gift (with my name and contact details on).

A few tips for those in the UK.

1. Make sure the gimmick is over a detailed image or writing on the note and ticket. If its over a blank single colour, it will show through the note.

2. Use a paper trimmer or guillotine to cut out the note. Scissors will make it look tacky.

3. We don't have rubber cement in jars over here, but we do have cheap bicycle repair kits at the pound shop which come with a tube of rubber cement in.

4. Our notes are wider and shorter. That means angles are a little worse. Not too much so, but it should be mentioned.
The length of the note is a problem however as it doesn't flip over as easily. (I know I made them with both £ and $ notes). To fix this, you have to weaken the paper seem for the gimmick portion. This can take a bit of time but once its weakened enough, it should flip over every time without problems.

5. Don't bother trying to reproduce a real note as most UK computer printers & shop photocopies have software that stop you from doing this. It is also illegal.
I know the idea of the trick is to make real money, but its too enticing for people to take once they have seen that money and know what pocket it is in.
Its better to use novelty notes in all sense, because you then don't get any thieves and into any unwanted confrontations when you catch someone trying to steal it.

This is a superb trick, and I recommend all to buy Richard Sanders Extreme Burn DVD.

Steve
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2009-09-11 09:27, ku7uk3 wrote:
You can use small coins as an alternative for the gimmick. I've been using 10p pieces. Otherwise, use washes.

I'm sorry, but I feel this is giving too much information on an open forum. The rest of your information is helpful, but we shouldn't be giving ideas to those who have yet to purchase this effect.
Cheers,
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Don`t fret Sammy, your secret is safe. I still don`t have a clue. Im pretty sold on buying EB from everyone`s recommendations, but untill I do, I`m just doing a little research on the effect. Even if I could figure out how it`s done, I still would`nt know how to make the gimmick. I feel the same way you do about disclosure & appreciate your concern, as we all should.

John
Nothing is better than more.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Hey John, Welcome to the Café. I have loved paper currency magic for 30 years. EB is now the primary currency effect I perform. Great reaction from spectators and pretty much fool proof execution. Give it a shot. It won't let you down!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
John,

Sammy's right, EB is one of the coolest effects out there these days! I don't think a day goes by that I don't do this for someone! I love the reaction I get when paying for something and appearing to be short of money then WHAM, got plenty! I don't think anyone even notices when I actually complete the transaction with my debit card! LOL

GET IT, put in some quality time getting comfortable with the handling, polish it up, add your own touches and go have a BLAST entertaining people!

Welcome to the Café,

MMc
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Thanks for the encouragement Sam & Mick. Looks like I`ve decided on The Trick Shop or Magic Warehouse for price. I`m really excited about it and can`t wait to start performing especially for layman situations like you referenced Mick. Sounds like a blast!

BTW while price checking I noticed Tannens has another bill change coming out later this month. It`s called Hand Out 500 by Steve Haynes, another Patrick Page easy money variation. He says the $100 bills can be handed out. I could see many problems with that! ;>) John
Nothing is better than more.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 11:17, ropeadope wrote:
BTW while price checking I noticed Tannens has another bill change coming out later this month. It`s called Hand Out 500 by Steve Haynes, another Patrick Page easy money variation. He says the $100 bills can be handed out. I could see many problems with that! ;>) John

Hi John,
I must admit that as much as I like Extreme Burn, I have preordered one of the Handout 500's. I think that the whole concept is so incredible that I want to study all the options.
I once performed Extreme Burn and had a woman grab the hundreds and put them down her blouse (she just got the four free hundreds and not the gaff). I learned to keep a little distance between me and the spectators.

You are right that there is some danger in flashing hundreds all around. If I decide to do handout 500, I will only pass out the bills to spectators that I know and trust.

Sammy

P.S. She finally gave them back!
Sammy J. Teague
Drake
View Profile
New user
I feel bad having only
59 Posts

Profile of Drake
From everything I have been reading I'm set on buying EB for my next purchase, looking at the demos I have to say the effect is great looking and from all reviews seems like the handling is fairly easy.

Seems like a great bang for the buck effect. Minus people putting the money in their huge tracts of land.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Drake,

As has been said many times, GET IT, you won't regret it! I was at the County Fair this past Fri night and did EB no less than 20 times! Packs small and plays HUGE IMO!
arrow23
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of arrow23
I also pre-ordered handout 500.It is supposed to be a radically new gimmick which got me interested besides handing out the bills,which is also pretty sweet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn Gimmick Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL