The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Art of Astonishment Vol.1-3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Hi,
I was wondering if any of you have a copy of these books.
I am particularly interested in the 2nd volume as it has his linking card routine in it. Is his linking card routine worth knowing?
If I was not wanting the books for the linking cards, which book would you say is most worth getting?
I will probably end up getting all three.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Jon Raiker
View Profile
New user
Florida
70 Posts

Profile of Jon Raiker
Actually, in the second book there is an entire section devoted to Paul's linking card routine and the MANY variations that have spawned off the original. All of them are BEAUTIFUL and if linking cards is your flavor than I surely suggest you pick it up sometime soon.

I have all three volumes and I can honestly say that they are the best set of close-up books I own. The material in the set is priceless. Pick them up as soon as possible.

Jon
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Everyone agrees on this one. I just got them and for now I am enjoying the flavour of the first book. Simply great. The only thing is that I cannot do some tricks like Buck Naked or Sun Shades. But I will work something out for the latter just the same.

Ivan
Yours,

Ivan
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
It sounds like I am going to have to get all three books. Are the card links described hard to prepare as I have heard that others are very time consuming and hardly worth the effort.

:banana: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Are all of the things workable, as I heard a rumour that some of the routines described are actually useless?

Thanks,
Owen
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Of course, you won't like every trick, some use gimmicks that you make yourself.

P.S. The best place to buy them is penguinmagic, they have them all for $104 with free shipping.
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
In my opinion, the best linking card routine in AoA is done with no set up at all. The hardest part of the trick is to rip the holes out of the cards.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I bought all three of these. Paul's stuff is always out of the ordinary and suprising. It helps to add variety to your effects. You can only do so many 3 card montes before your audience starts to yawn.

There is much more here than just linking card routines to consider. Good luck. Smile
MTaylor2002
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of MTaylor2002
I only own AOA volume 2 and I purchased it specifically to learn Sylvain Mirouf's linking card routine, "Osmosis." I had performed a number of linking card routines over the years and was particularly partial to Terri Rogers' "Boromian Link," but Osmosis is now my favorite. It really is a beautiful, impromtu miracle! If you like the linking concept, I think once you get Osmosis working smoothly you'll perform it all the time!
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Thanks for the help,

Can you hand the cards to the spectator whilst they are linked, or can they keep the linked cards after the effect is over?
Smile Smile Smile
Can it be performed with any card, like a buisness card, post card or jumbop playing card?
Thanks again,
Owen
:banana: Smile Smile Smile
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Number of AOA Topics of out 232497 messages on the Café? 232495

Get the books. They are all great. And that is all you need to know.

Andrew Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I bought the books on friday, and like most of the magic books in my collection i have not been able to put them down (except to pick up cards)
Smile Smile Smile Smile
I really love the books, and any one who hasn't yet got them, go to a magic shop as soon as possible and get them!
I have found real problems with tearing the cards for all 3 versions of the linking cards, has any one got any solutions?
Smile Smile Smile Smile Thanks for persuading me,
Owen
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi Owen, do you like dancing? Smile

BTW. When I said I couldn't do Buck Naked and Night Shades in my previous post, what I meant was that I couldn't do them because of our currency here in Malta.

Ivan Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Yours,

Ivan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Art of Astonishment Vol.1-3 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL