The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Levent performing the "Sympathetic Silks on TV's "Masters of Illusion" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Hi Guys:

For those of you, who were unable to see me perform my version of the "Sympathetic Silks" on "Masters of Illusion" last night. He is a link to it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyQCJ2ffvSY

If you want to see me do a different routine on the same TV show, you can find a link on the "Finger/Stage Manipulation" forum.

Best regards,
Levent
http://www.LeventMagic.com
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
NIce routine ! Thanks for posting it .. I never get to see TV when I want to ...Thank God for youtube !
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
I thought it was great. I watched it a few times, and I have no idea how it is done!

I was also absolutely delighted by the silk through the cane effect that (can't remember his name) performed on the same episode. (Also drooling over the quality of his silk fountain.)

It's fun to be fooled. It reminds me that I'm still pretty new to this. And that there's no end of effects -- old and new -- to explore.

I'm (finally) getting my Rice's Encyclopedias on CD tonight! Can't wait.

-Daniel
ProfDigitation
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ProfDigitation
Hi Levent,

My six-year-old daughter and I caught your performance on TV the other night. She wasn't a big fan of your first act, but your silk routine won her over. It was really excellent!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The silk through cane effect is a standard effect that you can find in the Rice Encyc..

Dale does a great job with the silk fountain though he drives me nuts sometimes times dying all the special shades of silks for his fountain. I have been doing all his silks for probably 8 or 10 years now.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Thanks Daniel. The sympathetic silks is a very old effect and there is an entire chapter devoted to it in Rice's encyclopedia of silk magic. Some of my techniques with the effect however are original and involve some secrets that I have shared with only a handful of colleagues.

Speaking of Rice's Encyclopedia, I have owned and studied the set for many years. Yet I recently purchased the cd-rom version and believe it or not, I've installed the entire set of digital books on my Apple iPhone. I love having old magic books on my phone. So I can read them no matter where I am. We truly live in an amazing time!

Levent
http://www.LeventMagic.com
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
I've just started clicking through volume 1 and I'm slack-jawed. I want to try every fold, steal, production, vanish and transposition!

Reading it is work, though. If I skim it or rush, it all starts to look the same. But if I really read a description, and imagine it, step-by-step, it starts to make sense.

Stand by for a million questions as I struggle through this!

-Daniel
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I admired your act, Levent.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Hi Levent:
Congratulations for that terrific act! Can you talk more about the "dish" bag that you use in your card manipulations on the first part? You make it ? Is available in the market?
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
jackstevens
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jackstevens
Good job Levent, you are one of the stand outs on a lackluster series.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Thanks Dynamike, Hansel and Jack.

Hansel: if you are talking about the black bag on my left, where I drop my used props during the show. The story is that about 20 years ago I found a laundry bag at Sears that would hold my props on stage. Unfortunately it was a bit small and the fabric was bright red. Eventually, I copied the design of that bag and made a much bigger version myself out of metal, wood and fabric.

Levent

P.S. Someone recently sent me an email asking about the roots of my sympathetic silks routine. I told him that when I have some free time, I will tell my story about how I put this routine together in this forum thread, so that all of you can read it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Levent performing the "Sympathetic Silks on TV's "Masters of Illusion" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL