The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » WEC or UFC? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Which one is better?

I like both.

Urijah Faber is my favorite WEC fighter and even tho he just lost, keith Jardine is my favorite UFC fighter.

Which org is better? and who are your favorite fighters?
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I like em both. WEC has the little guys and the UFC has the big guys.

I like a lot of the guys in both orginizations. I like Mike Brown and Hiromitsu Muira in the WEC (Although I fear Hiromitsu may not be long for the WEC. He's lost a couple of fights. Tough fights to be sure, and he always gives a good show, but you just can't lose 2,3 fights in a row and expect to hang around.)

I have a lot of guys I like in the UFC. Anderson Silva, Frank Mir, GSP etc. They have some great talent in that group,
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have to say I am shocked that with the explosion, the talent pool has not become sketchy.

They keep taking on more and more guys, and the talent level, interesting fights, and such just keep on going up. I am very impresed with this because naturally with expansion you run the risk of losing talent level, it is a balancing act and it is being done VERY well in my opinion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
The explosion of MMA in the US is creating a lot of interest and kids are starting at younger and younger ages. Which is good for the long run of the sport. I just read somewhere that a 16 year is going to fight in a professional show.

There might be as many gyms teaching MMA, BJJ, Pankration and that stuff as there are teaching Karate and Tae Kwon Do. I'm sure many of the Karate,Tae Kwon do, and Judo studios are introducing MMA in some form or another to capitalize on the boom. We have a couple of gyms that are dedicated to MMA and Combat Sports here in town now. We never had that before. That just means more people getting involved which should lead to more talent.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » WEC or UFC? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL