The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » New Coin Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

korptr359
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of korptr359
I invented this trick about a couple months ago, and I have contacted Ellusionist, Penguin magic, etc.
So far, Ellusionist replied back, then I replied back, nothing heard since.
Penguin Magic replied back, then I replied, Alvo personally replied back to me saying that he is opening a new site, and suggested that I publish it there. He also suggested to sell it for $10. he said it's not worth more.

here is the link I provided:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO9zjuItQoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0udbfAlFvk&feature=related

any comments?
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Coin vanishes are a dime a dozen. Take the same method and dress it up so it can (for example) be pushed into your cell phone and show up on the screen, penetrate a piece of bread and appear inside a sandwich, change into something else... it's all about presentation. Then you may have something unique, especially if you can immediately reset it and do it again in a slightly different way. We also publish effects at The Magic Nook, but this one doesn't see quite ready.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Looked very good. I have an idea how both can be done but good job.
korptr359
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of korptr359
I don't know. from my point of view, this is the best trick I've invented yet. I know many magicians who always figure out my tricks, but they havn't been able to figure this one out. Smile
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Looks good.
Davis D Magician
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Davis D Magician
Why don't ya teach mii the trick?
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 00:54, Davis D Magician wrote:
Why don't ya teach mii the trick?

Maybe buy you a dictionary for your second post.
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
I'm assuming you told them the secret behind the effect before Alvo said what he'd recommend charging. The vanish looks impressive, but of course, I don't know how practical it is, whether you need any gimmicks and if it can reset instantly. If you don't need complicated gimmicks and it can be done again instantly, you might be able to ask a tad more. Also, a prize depends on whether the product is a book, PDF or DVD and how long said product is. You can't ask the same money for a 250-page book as a 5 minute video. How long do you think explaining it would take in a video and in some written form?

If you'd like to get more money out of it, you need to add presentation, variations or some other unique selling point you can seduce them with.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I made a very similar trick the coin is on a P*** right ! If so hey It works good luck just market it yourself think Kinko's !!!
Alex L. Molina
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Alex L. Molina
Hello Korptr359 Smile

Happy Holidays...

Looks great - although it is somewhat similar in effect/handling to other methods, I'd say there would indeed be a decent-sized market for it nonetheless.

As a Filmmaker, may I offer a suggestion, Bro? Create a 30-second to 1-minute routine (as Spellbinder mentions - Sup, Spellbinder!) & videotape it to clearly show how practical/versatile it is (borrowed coin, re-appearance, varied handlings); IMHO, this would elevate not only the marketability but also its "dollar" value.

In any case, excellent work, all the best to you!
"YOU Are The MAGIC"

Peace, Love, & Success
alex

www.FB.com/ASAOPEpresentsTUCHT
MagicMaker
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of MagicMaker
Great vanish. I think you pretended to use a pull to throw magicians off the real method. It fooled me I think and it looks really clean. Good work!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » New Coin Vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL