The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Opinions on the Desert Brainstorm Series? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
Can anyone who owns these videos provide me with a review? I may have the oppourtunity to get this set at a discount in a week or so and would like to know if they are worthwhile.

I did a search, both this year and last, but I didn't find anything; If I missed something, I'm sorry for the repetition!
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I think they're great. The performances are fun, there's a wide variety of personalities performing their pet effects, and the round table discusions for the explanations are teriffic. I love these tapes.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
358 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
I have all three tapes and really like the material. I only wish they would be released on DVD.

- Richard
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
Well, so far a couple of people whose opinions I respected have weighed in with positive reactions...sounds good!

LOL...Richard...I know exactly what you mean. ::sigh:: DVD is kind of spoiler, really...makes me not want to purchase VHS...there is just SO much good material and who knows when (and IF) that material will ever make the jump.

I guess we'll just have to muddle onward..lol
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Very heterogeneous tapes. You get some very interesting effects from luminaries such as Kenton Knepper or Docc Hilford, and innocuous little tricks from others (Gene Urban etc...)
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
A must have for any mentalist! :10 out of 10.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Mark Strivings " Confabulation Vacation " is brilliant! I love this whole set!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
Well, all three volumes are finally on their way to my humble abode. Snagged them for $35 for the set of three, so I don't think it can go wrong for me! ::grin::

Thanks for the reviews; you guys were the deciding factor for me. I love the Café for that reason alone (aside, of course, from all the other reasons...)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Opinions on the Desert Brainstorm Series? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL