The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Spellochange by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Thanks for chiming in Jesse. I watched the download and I can confirm that the method is indeed different. I have to honestly say that I like Spellochange much better. It's more practical, and as you pointed out, it can also be examined.

My last post was not intended to sound like I was saying you stole the idea, but after reading some of the posts and not being familiar with any other of your material, I was only saying that if Theory11 was taking the root of selling stolen idea's and methods then I would take a different root.

I apologize to you and Bayme for even thinking that Theory11 or yourself might even do something like that.

It's clear that you are a man with ethics, and I might add a clever and creative mind. All the best to you!

Dan
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I saw an effect on YouTube that resembled Jesse's effect in broad terms only!!! (Unfortunately, I can't remember the link...but it was an exposure video I saw...errr...by accident). When you compare the two, the main difference was obvious. On the YouTube version, the performer needed to hold the deck in a monkey-paw grip so as not to expose the gimmick. It looked painfully awkward. In Jesse's demo, his hand is holding the case in a very loose, comfortable fashion. Fingers spread. Nothing overtly hidden.

This sounds like a cool effect that I'm going to ask my local brick and mortar to bring in for me.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Thank you Dan for your kind words and support Smile I appreciate your strong opinions, and that you stuck around for a good debate. And thank you for purchasing Spellochange! So glad you like it!

Wizard of Oz: Thanks for the heads up. The youtube video you are referring to does not expose Spellochange's method... it exposes Hieroglyphics by Jay Steffen. I believe this is an old concept that goes back even further than Hieroglyphics. Such a shame these horrible tutorials on youtube exist at all.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I'm interested in buying this one. But the demo on Youtube many many months ago didn't look convincing as in fact we could even see the errrr... technique and method.

The newer demo done by Jesse himself looks convincing and clean, but there is one question, can the gimmick or gaff be used with other box design? Or we have to make some little adjustment?

Thanks.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
One question: is the cardbox examinable without a switch??? If the answer is yes, I am buying.

Regards,
Mike
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
You do not have to switch the cardbox to be able to hand it out to be examined. Jesse shows how you can easily do it, and leave yourself clean, allowing them to examine the cardbox.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Well, then...that's quite impressive!

Regards,
Mike
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2010-05-31 00:30, jbayme wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-05-31 00:01, Gospel Dan wrote:
This is NOT original. I have in fact seen this done before. I wish for the life of me I could remember the other person's name. I learned this a couple of years ago, but I can't remember what source I got it from.

Either way, I completely agree with MagicSanta's review on this. I've purchased many, many things from Theory11, but if this is the route they are going to take, then the route I'm taking is not to buy anymore stuff from them.

Dan,

And what route would that be? The route where we release high quality, well produced products of visual, powerful magic? How dare we! Look, constructive criticism is one thing. But vague, generic negativity from a random guy with 4,000 posts under a fake, comical name on the Magic Café is hardly reason for us to lose sleep at night. Our team is composed of some of the most respected names in this industry. We take crediting, historical accuracy, and quality more seriously than anyone. Our track record, our team, and our products from Jason England, Chris Kenner, Homer Liwag, Apollo Robbins, Dan White, and 25 other artists speak for themselves. I need not defend our reputation from "Magic Santa."

// jonathan.bayme
ceo / theory11

Magicsanta is one of the most respected reviewers and members on these boards. Your tone is rude Mr. Bayme and I for one do not appreciate it. Don't come on this Café posting about how great your effects are and what you have for sale, and then turn around and knock its members and the Café itself just because you don't like some of the opinions about your product. And if you "Need not" defend your company from the lowly Café reviewers, Why are you posting in the first place.

I don't think that I need to remind you that "Theory 11" is a fake, comical name to some.

Magicsanta's review of this effect was his opinion and not vague. He even went so far as to describe the effect and then followed up on his initial post when asked questions. And lets not forget that this review came out when the effect was ORIGINALLY released and came in print. You know, BEFORE you decided to re-release it.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
magicreviews
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magicreviews
OK, I took Jonathan up on his challenge and purchased SpelloChange just now. I took advantage of his special $4.95 discount offer today to limit the risk.

To be sure, there have been many effects available on the market and in books and DVDs that have enabled a performer to reveal a selected card using cellophane or similar materials. I remember one from the 1980's where four sheets of plastic that had DYMO lettering on them and spelled gibberish until they were aligned to spell out the name of the selected card. Jay Sankey has some nice effects where drawn images change and spell out names of cards, too. There's a lot out there already.

SpelloChange is different and it may be one of the most commercial effects Jesse has put out on the market. In the past, I have felt much of Jesse's magic was visually strong but relied on unrealistic performing conditions. The end result was that they looked incredible on short promotional videos but less so in real life.

SpelloChange is very easy to do. It is highly visual. And I suspect, while I have not had time to construct the gimmick yet, that it is also very practical in real life. There are no real angles to worry about except someone being directly behind you, but this can be managed with some simple blocking.

While the initial effect is the transformation of gibberish to the name of a selection, a far stronger effect, in my opinion, is the drawing of a TV screen and some lines and changing those lines to a picture of the card. I will spend some time thinking more about transforming drawings -- I think this is very powerful magic.

I also like the cleanup method he offers so the case may be examined and even given as a gift to the spectator.

If you do close-up card magic, mind reading or even table hopping, I believe you will find SpelloChange to be highly effective magic and a good addition to your set.

Jonathan, I stand corrected. It's a good effect and much better than I suspected. I apologize for my earlier rant. Good work Theory 11.
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
Very good effect, I am going to make it up after talking to Jesse directly in a way that has not been done yet. When I do and use it in a show I will post a video. I personally believe that this is not a finished product( not in a bad way), there are so many directions, options, props and items that could use this method that it is opened to your own creativity. The effect itself is very easy, so for those of thus that understand the trick isn't what makes us a magician, we can focus on entertaining with this little gem. It is by far one of his best and practical effects to hit the market.

As for people saying this is the same thing as the one from a long time ago, NO WAY! I have used the other one on TV and the method is way different and is not nearly as good as SpelloChange. The effect is the same put for practical purposes the other one worked well on TV and SpelloChange wasn't out yet.

Great Job Jess, now we just have to work on that new vanish I was telling you about!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Spellochange by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL