The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Simplex Head Chopper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
George Richback made this up for me.This is a fantastic illusion.It is intimidating ,basic without any fancy magic paint work and works like a charm.It is portable and very deceptive as it can be done close up and surrounded.The workmanship is superb.
George is a great craftsman and kept me informed during the process.He sent photos of the chopper in the final stages.There was no hassle for him to pack this up and send to Australia.
I picked up his Devano deck as well.Another excellent product.
As you can tell,I am extremely happy with these purchases and the service from George.

Chappelly
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
I also have the Simplex Headchopper, which I got from Doug Tilford before he sold the company.Chappelly I have to agrre with you completely! The reason I bought was that it is plain looking & doesn't look like a magic prop. I close quite a few of my shows with it & it always gets a great reaction.
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I ordered mine from George back in October. Every month I get an email saying it'll be "sent this week". Three and a half months later (with many emails and phone calls), and I'm still waiting.

Took me a year to get my Wiz Kote, and now the pattern is repeating. :-(

Brian
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Sorry to hear this Brian.
Mine took a while as well to get to me. However George did keep me in the loop throughout.
Hope it doesn't take a year like your Wiz Kote.
After many performances mine is still going strong and fascinating people.

Chappelly
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Glad to hear its working well for you.

Just got an email from George saying that the chopper would be done in a few days. Keeping my fingers crossed. Smile

Brian
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I used my Simplex Chopper for the first time last night, and it went really well.

For those of you who have this, have you done any modifications to "reinforce" the safety mechanism? That is the one part that makes me nervous -- I have nightmares about this part coming loose during a show. Smile

Brian
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
I love the design of his Simplex Chopper. It's so beautiful. But I haven't gotten the guts to perform it yet haha.
mtoth2008
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of mtoth2008
I own one of these beautiful Richbark head choppers. It works flawlessly. It is very sturdy. Don't hesitate to use it because of concerns with the Chopper BUT you need to consider the demographics of your audience. Some people will consider your using it in poor taste in light of the recent beheadings in the middle East.

Mike
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
I have one I am interested to sell. Any takers?
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
I still have one for sale.

Mine is a George Richbark's. Comes with a solid ATA Case on rollers and handles. It can be rolled around like a luggage bag.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Simplex Head Chopper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL