The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin flip in spectator's hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Quick question guys. I'd like to place a quarter on a spectator's palm, and then have it flip over. I know Ellusionist markets the X-Flip coin, but I was wondering if I just get a magnetic quarter, if it will work with just a PK ring as opposed to getting a huge M5.

Thanks,
Bryan
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
PK ring won't work.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
PM sent.

Best,

DL
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I've done it with the M5 and it makes for a great effect, but I hate wearing that thing. I haven't tried it but perhaps a pk ring with a smaller coin such as a quarter would work if their fingers were spread? I doubt it but I think I'll give it a try this morning.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I bought this, I almost never use it because the M5 is such a pain in the *ss to carry around, it's a one trick pony, etc. However it does look very cool and I think Ellusionist is the only one that sells it.
voe
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of voe
I have one that I'm giving away with the sale of my m5, and although the m5 only provides a couple of things that I would ever use in my routine (hence why I m selling it) calling it a one trick pony is way of base in my opinion.

The x flip coin is actually what I use most from my m5, not for flipping in a specs hand, but if my stepdaughter actually eats all of her dinner she gets to see the quarter "dance"
voe
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of voe
I have one that I'm giving away with the sale of my m5, and although the m5 only provides a couple of things that I would ever use in my routine (hence why I m selling it) calling it a one trick pony is way of base in my opinion.

The x flip coin is actually what I use most from my m5, not for flipping in a specs hand, but if my stepdaughter actually eats all of her dinner she gets to see the quarter "dance"
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I mean to say the coin flip is a one trick pony (although a good one)
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
If you think about it, I'll bet you can come up with some other methods using a normal quarter. I came up with two in about 10 seconds.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin flip in spectator's hand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL