The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Halloween/Spooky Items to Build (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John J Walton
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John J Walton
Can anyone make me some suggestions as to current tricks that can be converted to a Spooky/Halloween theme routine. If this is the wrong forum please let me know. There were a couple other spots I wanted to post to but they were locked.

Examples:
I recently purchased the MAK Fraidy Cat Rabbit item. I am going to replace the Rabbit with Ghosts since it seems much more natural (to me) to use Ghosts with the BOO and OOB routine.
I am trying to create my own Halloween Coloring book as well.
I am also trying to use an Aqua Vase to turn water into Red Blood and Back to Clear water again from a Holy Water container if I can get the right chemicals needed to change the color of the water.
My own made set of Canary Cards with maybe Bats and Pumpkins on them.
Can anyone suggest some items I could build to go along with below mentioned show.
Thanks
John

I have things ready to do with Change Bags and Take Apart Boxes, etc, but that is just using the item as is and using spooky things with them.

If you can suggests some Halloween tricks please do. I am looking into the Ghost Gavel, Ghost Box and Haunted Die Box to use as made as well as standbys like Haunted Hanky, Frankenstein Silks, etc.

Thanks much for any suggestions.
John
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
There are instructions on how to make lots of Spooky/Halloween themed effects featured in the Wizard's Journals at the website that hosts my material:

http://www.magicnook.com
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
klf1964
View Profile
New user
Northern Indiana
24 Posts

Profile of klf1964
I would agree that there are a lot of good ideas on magicnook. I haven't built any of them yet, but they look very interesting. I just bought the Forgetful Whatever plans. Those could be made nicely with a halloween character. There are already forgetful Frankies on the market. They have plans for a least three character based props Forgetful Whomever, Hippity Hop Whatevers and Run Whatever Run that could all be done in a halloween theme. Plus I know there's a haunted hank and several other Halloween themed tricks, so that is a good place to start.

Another source is Mark Wilson's book. I just grabbed mine and just thumbing through it real quick I see a couple of variations on a mummy routine in the back of the book and I know he has a very neat haunted house routine that is based on the Arabian Tent Illusion. That's real easy to build I helped my teenage daughter build one for her variety show out of cardboard earlier this year. It seems to me that Mr. Wilson's Haunted House even includes a transformation of the magician into the assistant. There is also a silk trick called the hypnotized silk that Mr. Wilson describes that might work better in a stage setting than Hyrum/Glorpy as the latter is usually performed on a table more close up.

Just some ideas.

Good luck
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Hi John,may I suggest you check out the post (the spooky and the mysterious)
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Just a thought: Wouldn't it be a pretty simple project to make a "Temple Screen" outta tombstone cutouts?

Hm....
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Yes, and produce the bones of a skeleton that you put together one by one (or bunch by bunch to speed things up). You can sing the bone sone while you work. The foot bone's connected to the leg bone....
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Leland and Spellbinder, That's excellent!
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Chinese sticks or pom pom stick with bone(s) and (small) skulls...
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Paul Osburne has a whole book of plans and ideas. http://www.magiclegends.com/paulosbornemagicillusion.html
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
There's some great ideas in this thread. I've been looking for a magic themed Halloween yard decoration. Folks down here in the swamp get into decorating for it.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Pepper's Ghost.

I use it for my Halloween show.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
I was checking out Mike Bents Dracula Bites and than saw that the magicnook.om had plans on building your own fan box, which works great with the routine. Now I see that they have plans for a remote control. Anybody try this yet?

Thanks
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
A forgetfull ghost, vampire etc. is easy to build with many story lines.
Dreaded Mentalist
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Dreaded Mentalist
The Picture Flame has scripts for Halloween including Vampires, Zombies, Cursed Paintings and more...

http://www.wix.com/jezstarr/pictureflame
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Welcome to my world, this is chalk full of great ideas - easy to build.

http://www.freewebs.com/caputobooks/order.html
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
As long as others are pitching their wares here, I'll toss my hat in the ring, too. I have a handful of Halloween/Spooky effects on my website, with more coming soon. Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Halloween/Spooky Items to Build (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL