The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jim Carol Coast To Coast (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Was on tonight...will be repeated at 2am at least in SoCal.

From his site:

"Jim Karol is truly one of the most unique and amazing individuals of our time. He has risen from the steel mills of PA to becoming one of the most sought after acts in the industry. Jim's highly energetic and charismatic personality along with his incredible memory, has landed him over 4,000 shows and worldwide attention, including the front page of the Wall Street Journal.

Jim has been seen by millions of people from his appearances on NBC's Tonight Show with Jay Leno, the Ellen Show, NBC's Today Show, Howard Stern on Demand, as well as Montel, Rosie O'Donnell, Fox News, and numerous other television programs. He is also becoming a regular on national radio shows such as Breuer Unleashed, Coast to Coast, and Howard Stern. Jim has also held three Guinness World records and has been featured in the blockbuster hit movie "Jackass Two".

In the Fall of 2007, Jim performed on a weekly NBC special called "Phenomenon", which featured the worlds Ten Best Mentalists. He also performed at the World's Magic Awards on FOX and received the award for the World's Greatest Mentalist.

Jim's "Psychic Madman" show combines extraordinary feats of the mind with zany comedy and dangerous stunts. He picked up the name "Psychic Madman" when he accurately predicted the Pennsylvania Lottery worth over 12 million dollars back in 1990. Jim is EXTREMELY intuitive and many people believe that he can actually read minds.

Jim's memory skills are incomparable to say the least. He has memorized over 80,000 zip codes, the Scrabble dictionary, thousands of digits of Pi, sports almanacs, every country and capital on the planet, and thousands of other facts. On the Ellen show, Jim actually memorized a shuffled deck of cards in a matter of seconds. His most amazing memory feat is knowing the day of the week for every date all the way back to 1492.

Jim shows no sign of slowing down. He recently wrote another book called "Mind Games" and is currently working on his next book, "SuperMind," as well as several projects with some of his celebrity friends. He has also become involved with several charity poker tournaments, one of his many new found hobbies. Don't be surprised if you see Jim's face pop up on the BIG SCREEN again."
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I listened to it also Doug. Jim talked about Jim Callaghan when a caller asked about the the incident on Phen. Coast is great entertainment for the night creatures in all of us.

PS: I didn't know the Psychic Madman won the Worlds Greatest Mentalist award. He seems to stay pretty busy. He also said he, Angela and Mike Super (from Phen) did a show together recently.

Candin
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I could kick myself BIG TIME. ME who is the King of Insomnia got all set to listen and fell asleep at about 1:59am!!!! Fell asleep! I finally have a reason to stay awake and...oh well...I would have enjoyed that show I'm sure as I know nothing about the guy.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ohhhh I thought you did heard it Doug. He has been on Coast several times.

I consider his effects more mental magic then mentalism but he certainly is a good entertainer.

He did one trick over the radio similiar to magic squares. It failed to work and George got confused and frustrated but Jim handled it well.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Magic Square failed to work? Hmmm that possible?
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I just have one question.

Why would you predict the lottery and NOT buy a ticket? I don't get it...

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I wondered the same thing the first time I heard that. Why not just win the 12 million and retire?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-03-20 17:55, chichi711 wrote:
I wondered the same thing the first time I heard that. Why not just win the 12 million and retire?

...because that would be cheating!

J
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Love the spin, but ummm I am guessing 10 out of 10 would take that "cheat". Smile I love mentalists!!!
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I heard this last night and it was very cool. I like Jim, I've heard him before on Coast to Coast. Great stuff.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yeah, I love listening to him Alexandre. He just is so friendly and personable as an entertainer. I think that is very important to the audience.

Candin
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
Was visiting my Grandmother who listens to that show religiously (my radio won't pick it up and I'm too cheap to subscribe to the podcast) and she told me of it . .. she was very impressed by him . . . and she is a professional tarot reader herself. Wish I'd have heard it. I"d never heard of him but it sounds like he could hold his own with some of the best mentalists . . .
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-03-22 18:25, Matt Graves wrote:
Was visiting my Grandmother who listens to that show religiously (my radio won't pick it up and I'm too cheap to subscribe to the podcast) and she told me of it . .. she was very impressed by him . . . and she is a professional tarot reader herself. Wish I'd have heard it. I"d never heard of him but it sounds like he could hold his own with some of the best mentalists . . .

I feel he does mental magic but he does it very well!

Get yourself a CC radio from C Crane company and you will pick up coast! Worth it, very entertaining, listened for 12 yrs now.

Candin
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:
On 2009-03-20 09:45, Doug Higley wrote:
I could kick myself BIG TIME. ME who is the King of Insomnia got all set to listen and fell asleep at about 1:59am!!!! Fell asleep! I finally have a reason to stay awake and...oh well...I would have enjoyed that show I'm sure as I know nothing about the guy.

There is a clue to the cure to your insomnia in what you have written there. Stop trying to go to sleep, start trying to stay awake SmileYou failed at the first and may well fail at the second.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-03-24 09:14, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-20 09:45, Doug Higley wrote:

There is a clue to the cure to your insomnia in what you have written there. Stop trying to go to sleep, start trying to stay awake SmileYou failed at the first and may well fail at the second.

Anthony

Lol, wish it was that easy. Mind always working.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jim Carol Coast To Coast (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL