The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Cookhouse Chatter.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
While cuttin up jack-pots in the International Cookhouse on Crabtree amusements...I was asked "who has the Most 2-headed ALIVE attractions today" I replied "Fred Lally or perhaps John Strong'...For those of you who do not know Fred...Fred has been in the outdoor amusement Biz most of his life...If you ever run into him...He is most delightful and informative...Oh he has 15 LIVE 2-headed critters as I speak...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

The International Cookhouse operated by longtime Showman Phil Sheridan now run by a gal named Maria is one of the LAST true carny cookhouses left touring...It is Unique because Phil always flew a Flag from every state or province he played on top of the main trailer, that tradion is still carried on today..It also has the ole style awning or tent wrapped around it...If someone can tell me how to post a photo on this site I will.....
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

adam christopher
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of adam christopher
I grew up spending summers on the back lot of Billy Burrs show and some of my best times were hangin' with the old timers as I thought then at George Sauciers cookhouse! Not as big a joint as you're mentioning but still good times...and good tales....AC
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

The World Famous International Cookhouse!!

Click here to view attached image.
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Tommy (one of Wards front Talkers) and John (T-Rex) came by and hung out in the Cookhouse...Tomorrow night Tommy and John are goin to help out doin some Bally's....If you are in Austin TX for SXSW..come out to Rodeo Austin and cut-up jack-pots....
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Just got off the phone with Hernan (Heat-Merchant,Magician) He made it back to SF ok...He was Hot that I did not mention he ate in the Cookhouse and brought The Curator Coffee from the said establishment! Many Thanks to Hernan! and hurry back!!
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

While drinkin coffee in the "Cookhouse"...JS called..he told me he had a Hell-of-a-Day in Mercedes...I reported Ditto in Austin...He then replied "Thank God We don't have a Squigley"!!! (Hey, I only report the news...I don't write it!).....
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

After a Busy night in Austin...Everyone's "Draggin"...in fact, hardly any Jack-pots bein told...we are just sippin our Joe..tryin to get energy to open our joints...Reporting Live from the "Cookhouse'
Evel Knievel

Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It's good to see you here, Jim! Good morning!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Thanks Harley..The coffee's a little stale, but the atmosphere,People and conversation is GREAT!....
Evel Knievel

Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Yup. Not all lots are the same. This one has a lot more variety in the discussion, and tends to build folks up, rather than rip them up.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Saturday; John T-rex came by and played drums on the Bally...Tommy was supposed to come with him, but had to cancel out as he had to work the "Museum of the Weird"..Thanks to John...

Sunday:David Pitts and his Vent figure "Henry" stopped in, We drank coffee with Dennis Warner (Crabtree's Equipment/ride trouble shooter) and cut-up jack-pots..later I took apart my Electra so David could scketch a diagram of it so he could build one himself..(my electra was given to me by the Late showman Bobby Fairchild, he had used it on the Kelly-Miller Circus)..once again a good time was had by all....
Evel Knievel

Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1058 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Henry and I enjoyed ourselves tremendously. Not bad coffee there at the cookhouse, not bad at all. Thanks for the look at the Electra innards. I'm sure I'm going to have some questions about it. I think it'll make a great addition to the act. I was thinking about using Henry as "Electro".. but it turns out wood doesn't conduct electricity. At least that's what Henry told me.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Mr. Pitts, I could use a copy of that diagram myself....if you don't mind Jim.....how easy are they to make? I've been talking about building one for over a year.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Todd I will post photos of the inner workings, But wait, will I get in trouble here if I Do??? If noone objects I honestly will and will answer any and all questions......The Curator here to share for others
Evel Knievel

T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
I don't know if you'll get in trouble, but I would like to see them. Thanks for the help Jim.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Todd come to Tucson april 16 till the 26....I'll help you build one..Mine operates off a Neon tube tester, pretty simple....
Evel Knievel

T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
I wish I could Jim!!! I know the basic workings of the thing, but always hold myself back because I never worked one. Email me those photos Smile
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

I will...
Evel Knievel

ElectricBlue
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ElectricBlue
Regarding posting method for building as far as I know most people here don't mind though for some thing like Electra maybe it would be good to put it in the "secret" forum.

It's basically just a forum that members can only see after 50 post on the rest of the board, Helps to stop People drifting through and possibly hurting them selfs trying to make one or some thing like that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Cookhouse Chatter.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL