The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Does any one know if there has ever been a side show school in the UK. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Maybe we could move on, to phrenology charts? It's a bumpy ride.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
If Erik had that many hands, he wouldn't be ONLY typing.... I know I wouldn't.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
tfessler
View Profile
New user
Kentucky
14 Posts

Profile of tfessler
I've used a Higley 'zibit both as part of a larger "museum" with colorful painted banners, and by itself with the simpler signage that Doug recommends with his system. I can say I've never lost money, or not made my "nut" and above, doing it with Doug's system. As part of the larger display it's hard to say how much it helped. People always enjoyed and were fascinated by it, but also came in to see the 2-headed animals, slat of wood from Ed Gein's barn, and other oddities. So whether or not they would have come in if I didn't say, "...and see the strange thing!" I do not know.

I saw it done one other time at an 1800's re-enactment in Flint, MI using Doug's system, but it was paid for by the county Parks department, and the money made from the quarter a person charged to see it was donated to charity. I didn't get a figure from the magician who was running it, but it seemed that he was getting a good percentage of the attendees poking their heads in.

I don't bring the 'zibit or the full museum with me to every show I do. It's brought in when I think it will fit or when it's requested by the client. So I'm not out there day after day, week after week for the whole season like James is.

That's where my experience ends. I wish I could do it more, but most of the festivals I'm at Erik and I are doing either a stage show or a grind show, and don't have the time to man the operation. I've tried to hire people to run it, and the one time I managed to do so I made enough to cover the booth fee, pay the kid collecting the money, and pay myself, but it's hard to find good help (he wasn't the most enthusiastic worker).

If any showmen are around the Kentucky area this summer or fall and want to take a crack at running it, contact me privately and we'll talk.

I will say that I've never regretted buying my 'zibit.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Travis, your avatar scares me. Glad to see you here man!
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
His scares you ! I thought you were brothers ?
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Hmmm... I could see that.
tfessler
View Profile
New user
Kentucky
14 Posts

Profile of tfessler
It's pulled from a Ripley's Believe it or Not Comic strip that featured my multiple-roaches-in-mouth feat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Does any one know if there has ever been a side show school in the UK. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL