The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rune Stones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I'm interested in getting a set of Rune Stones. I know from looking on the Internet, they are made out of different materials like bone, wood and stone.

For those of you that have a set of these, what type do you prefer? Does one material have an advantage over another?

I'm interested in using these for a series of effects that have a Viking/scandinavian theme.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Wood is traditional, but bone or stone would probably be more durable.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Just my opinion - but go to your local home decorating store - or craft store - get some small river rocks/pebbles and create your own set with your own rune symbols.

Enjoy. - Scott
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I made my own rune sticks to use in my "Magic Rune Sticks" e-Book in The Wizards' Journal #9 on my site. I used wooden sticks from the craft store, but you can also find them in art supply stores. They are just right for performing the "paddle" move, and easy to carve to add the runes.

For stones, I used to use real pebbles covered with epoxy putty. The pepple inside gave it the weight of a real stone, but the epoxy putty cover was easy to carve and then paint.

Jim Gerrish has a funny Rune Stone effect FREE in The Magic Nook Forum's Bizarre Bazzar section. To get at the secret, you'll need a password, but if you mention learning about it in this Magic Café forum, that is free also. Otherwise, you'll have to part with your first born cat.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks for all the great tips.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
I have a few sets. I have glass, I have wood, and I have stone. However my suggestions would be the same as the others. Make them yourself. The theory is that stones made by yourself are more spiritually attached to you. Might want to use that as a patter idea.
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello Motown

Take a look here and you will see both wood and stone runes, in fact we even sell metal cube runes.
http://www.blackhart.co.uk/runesandcasting.html

My advice would also be to learn a litle about the meaning of the runes if you are going to use then in your presentations.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Keith,

Thanks! I have a couple of books on Runes as well as many books on Viking and Scandinavian culture.
– Karl Germain
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2009-03-23 09:58, Black Hart wrote:
Hello Motown

Take a look here and you will see both wood and stone runes, in fact we even sell metal cube runes.
http://www.blackhart.co.uk/runesandcasting.html

My advice would also be to learn a litle about the meaning of the runes if you are going to use then in your presentations.

Keith Hart

Those cubes are cool!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Dr, Todd,

Yes you're right about the cubes. Very cool.
– Karl Germain
nachotuoni
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
59 Posts

Profile of nachotuoni
The best tip is to make your own. You can collect some rounded little river rocks and carve them yourself. You can give any color to the carved symbol in order to give the meaning you want. Give them your own touch.
nachotuoni
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
59 Posts

Profile of nachotuoni
Also check http://www.radionicsmagic.com there is a book written by Rick Todish called "The Magic of Radionics, Psionics, and Orgone". I've been reading it and is a very good book in all the mental and mystical aspect. There is a Rune Stone guide, on which you have every symbol and a list of 13 colors you can use to draw your Rune Stones, with an explanation of the magical use of each color.
Enjoy!
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
First of all, get your hands on Jim Magus' book - The Mysteries of the Runes.

Second, I recommend making your own out of Sculpy or Femo from your craft store. You can make them the size you want and the pieces are consistent. You can also easily make force stones.

I just made some up last week. I used the clay colored sculpy and to make the symbols, the best thing I found was a thin metal skewer, I happened to use a turkey truss skewer which was perfect. It takes a few tries to get the method of engraving the symbol, I found holding the skewer at an angle and pushing down and gradually making the way down each line seemed to produce the cleanest runes. The clay gets baked at a low temp for a brief time and voila it is pottery! And it can be painted if you wish. I will age mine.

Looking at Black Hart's stuff, I love those rune cubes, and knowing his materials you can't go wrong with his advice.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rune Stones (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL