The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Custom Bicycle card case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
I'm currently making a reversible Bicycle card case to end my version of David Williamson's "Triumph" effect (Can't remember what he actually calls it!) Basically it's "Triumph" with a red backed deck. At the end of the routine all the cards have changed to blue backs.
Delving through some of my stuff a few day's ago, I came across a colour changing card case which I thought might add an interesting little conclusion to the routine. At the end all the cards have changed to blue, so it seems illogical to put them in the red box that they came from. Unfortunately, the colour changing card case that I have, doesn't really stand up to inspection as it is (obviously) gaffed to snap from one colour to another, and I feel that it's a rather weak trick that could detract from the main effect.
I still like the idea of changing the box from red to blue, but in a more obvious way.
My card case is simply a Bicycle case, printed double sided, blue on one side and red on the other, which is held together with magnets. At the end of the routine, I look a little confused at all the blue cards, pick up the red box, pull it apart, turn it inside out and reassemble it, muttering something like, "I had to make this specially!"... and put the blue cards back into the (now) blue box.

Prototype works reasonably well, but I'm awaiting delivery of some thinner magnets, so that the cards will actually fit inside the box!

Meanwhile.... (finally getting to the point!)... I've used various image editing programs to create the artwork for the box. "Based roughly on", (for copyright purposes!), the standard Bicycle box design. However, I have the opportunity to add things the design - "Your card is the seven of clubs" - or play around with the graphics, text or whatever.

Has anyone got any suggestions?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Custom Bicycle card case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL