The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magnetizing a preexisting ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

voe
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of voe
Has anyone ever heard of a jeweler or any other service who is able to convert a normal wedding ring (gold, or titanium) into a pk ring?

I'm looking at my wedding ring (titanium) and wondering if there is anywhere I could go or send it to that could cut a channel into the inside and add a ring of magnetic material into it and then, ideally, seal it back up.

I'm sure this would be much easier for a gold ring but has anyone ever heard of someone doing this?
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Your wife would kill you.

Jim
voe
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of voe
Yes, dealing with that aspect of it would certainly be the "prestige."
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On 2009-03-23 14:49, jimhlou wrote:
Your wife would kill you.

Jim

only if she found out!

Seriously, though, I considered this but never took it further. I'm pretty certain a decent goldsmith/jeweller could do it.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
It would be a pain to take a pre-existing ring, remove the gold or silver and then insert a magnet. I bet it can be done, but that it would be expensive.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
Levent gaffed his own ring and coins with rare earth magnets. I don't know if the ring had any sentimental value, so the stakes may have been lower.
voe
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of voe
Rather than cutting a channel, I'm now wondering about wide shallow holes with magnets fit into it.
Detlef
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
156 Posts

Profile of Detlef
Voe,
have a look at E-Books, PDF`s and downloads and look for "Any Ring PK Gimmick".
The gimmick is able to turn your wedding ring into a PK ring, is quite easy to build and IMHO absolutly great. And you don`t have to "alter" your ring and will live longer Smile)
Detlef
voe
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of voe
Quote:
On 2009-03-26 10:26, Detlef wrote:
Voe,
have a look at E-Books, PDF`s and downloads and look for "Any Ring PK Gimmick".
The gimmick is able to turn your wedding ring into a PK ring, is quite easy to build and IMHO absolutly great. And you don`t have to "alter" your ring and will live longer Smile)
Detlef

Thank you... unfortunately ...

NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SORRY, HANK MORFIN IS NO LONGER OFFERING THIS EMANUSCRIPT.
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
I was able to purchase this e-book just today, and was also informed of an upcoming DVD release which will include the same information and more. The manuscript provided the exact information I was looking for and was very affordable. I ordered through the web site given in one of the above posts.
Detlef
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
156 Posts

Profile of Detlef
Voe,
try this adress

http://morfinmagic.com/Store.htm

Regards
Detlef
voe
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of voe
Thank you. I will check into it now. Unfortunatley, I mentioned the idea to the wife Smile
Detlef
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
156 Posts

Profile of Detlef
Hope she didn`t beat you up Smile
Hope the link works.
Enjoy
Detlef
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magnetizing a preexisting ring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL