The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Great coin stuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I just watched Doug Brewers Unexpected Visitor #2 DVD.

It's great. This is the first DVD I've watched all the way thru on in quite a while.

I suggest everyone get a copy and check out some great routines with descent patter for once, and moves that don't look like moves.

In general I think coin magic is taken on a life of it's own lately where as long as you do your 38 moves and sleights quickly enough nobody will catch you, question you and/or who cares if you flash. This is confusion and a bit overoptimistic in terms of what sleights to use where. It's not magic.

You can tell doug is a worker. Practical routines and great ideas.

Doug's coins across is fantastic! A novel presentation with a kicker I don't find necessary but it's there if you want it.

Great ideas. I believe it's a one camera shooting so you have to put up with a small frame but nonetheless the material is great and great ideas to be explored.

His matrix routine is really nice, magical, and easy. I'll be doing this one this summer. I can't wait.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I have his book and there's some good stuff in there. The three coins vanishing and going to the purse one is my favorite.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Shame on you if you haven't experienced Doug's Chariots of Fire, or Fidget, or Shrunken Heads. Doug has some of the most practical, magical magic I've had the pleasure of witnessing. If you haven't picked this DVD up, give it a try. I'm sure your coin magic will thank you for it.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
My dvd player isn't working, got to get a new one. I'm missing out.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

You can probably get a new cheapo DVD player for about $40.
I have one and it plays EVERYTHING. All my more expensive players are much more picky. My cheapo plays thru everything. Scratches, coffee stains, boogers, whatever!
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
I've enjoyed his book, The first trick - probably the same coins across you mention, became an instant favorite.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Guys, I'm blushing. Thanks!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

No he's not. He's been high-fiving himself all day. I had someone stake out his San Diego estate. It's just disguesting. The ego on him!!!
jackstevens
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jackstevens
I got a similar experience from Unexpected Vistor #2 that I did when I first witnessed some of David Roth's ctreations way back when.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Great coin stuff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL