The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 1935 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
I went for 1935. It is the only one I have and I LOVE IT! I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. If I was to get a second book, I would get 1934.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I heard 1934 was a little more work but it had more hits accessible. It was difficult to ask questions prior to its purchase because Homicide was long, long ago and this is different to say the least. The aging was right on and it is surely an oddity and something that grabs attention.

Well I studied the instructions pretty much all morning and went for it late morning. The first try I had few hits but the same guy asked about the strange book again. I used it on same spectator again and nailed all kinds of information including the WCs. I was looking for a companion strolling booktest and by golly, I think I found one. It will only get better when my presentation gets better. Its uniqueness takes some time because it is very different then any other BT on the market. I plan on using it a lot next week when I have more victums within reach. Smile

Decomposed
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Well today I used it throughout the day of the class I was taking becoming certified in "mental health" of all things.

It played so strong, I had to downplay it. It is so unique and an oddity, people were asking to see it after the effect. Let me tell you, I have never been so comfortable letting someone see a BT before now!

So many hits can be made from this and where I differ is, it can play straight mentalism if one chooses that path. Right now Im still getting use to it and going in any direction the transaction takes me.

One person asked me afterwards if I was "clairvoyant." That is nice in a way when I am "first" breaking in a product such as Luna.

Most if not all BTs look like normal books on the outside but this one begs attention which I think is a great, great attribute.

If you have it and not using it, you are losing out. Just trying it out a few times and putting something as powerful as this away is only doing an injustice to your act. I do not do much bizarre pieces so rest assure, this can be used for any mentalist type performance style.

About the only negative is the questions I was asked.

One I feel very comfortable now answering is when they ask "where in the heck did you get this at." When all else fails, just tell the truth. I answer "from a guy in California, now check this out, it will blow you away." Smile

Decomposed
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-10-22 16:14, Decomposed wrote:

So many hits can be made from this and where I differ is, it can play straight mentalism if one chooses that path. Right now Im still getting use to it and going in any direction the transaction takes me.

Decompose, what do you mean by "straight mentalism"? I think I know how you mean that but I'm not really certain.

Quote:
Most if not all BTs look like normal books on the outside but this one begs attention which I think is a great, great attribute.

I definitely agree here! The look and feel of the Luna book is fantastic; it really looks as old as it claims to be!

Quote:
If you have it and not using it, you are losing out. Just trying it out a few times and putting something as powerful as this away is only doing an injustice to your act. I do not do much bizarre pieces so rest assure, this can be used for any mentalist type performance style.

That's me exactly - I haven't yet used my Luna 1935. Not too difficult or anything; as a matter of fact the way this book is put together it is actually rather easy to pick up hits one after another. The only reason I haven't used this yet is that just about the only people I perform for are family and friends. Bizarre is pretty much out because everyone knows me too well. If I try to weave a back story that is too dark it's more likely to make them laugh than anything - very difficult to build much belief with those so familiar with you! Luna, however, doesn’t seem to need that dark of a back story; I just need to craft the script I plan to use carefully and I haven't quite gotten around to it yet. I think it would help for me to get them accustomed to a few other book tests also before hitting them with Luna. I just got Reflections and have started blowing them away with that! Then Luna should knock 'em out.

I would love to get some more props to complement the book - letters, photos, etc. I'm working on that too. The book is just too darned good to not take advantage of a few more period props. Smile

Thanks!

Jim
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Just found this post! My 1935 arrived today...This book looks so much like something that would have been used at a Mental Hospital. The aging on this little gem kicks ass ! The entries are 75% women.I can see this bringing a tear to the eye!
Full of hits and outs! I plan on adding a little extra to the Luna,as special notes and markings to the pages.I also plan on adding a few little extra props. I am planning to work on presentations of my reveals in a story format.Just one of those things you pick up and don't want to put down!
Thanks Rick and Dr. Todd ! Well got my 1935 and going to party like it's 1999 ! Smile

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
It is my all-time favorite intimate magic effect...so much beyond what you think of when you think "book test."

One of the few props I would absolutely term "a triumph."

You are gonna love it.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks David,
I kind of had wonderment about the ring books being around in the 30's. But,with the WA and the Luna,I really like them that way ! It for some reason adds a different look to the Artifacts! And, the Leather cover on the WS is something else!
I want to really add those special reveals to this !!!

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2011-07-27 22:30, David Thiel wrote:
It is my all-time favorite intimate magic effect...so much beyond what you think of when you think "book test."

The more and more I look at 1935 , I have to agree with you!
It is beyond "Book Test" !

-G
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
[quote]On 2011-07-28 00:18, Godzilla wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-27 22:30, David Thiel wrote:

The more and more I look at 1935 , I have to agree with you!
It is beyond "Book Test" !

-G

Thank you for your kind words gentlemen...

Best wishes

Dr Todd
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Okay...so I KNOW this is an old thread. But I did Luna 1935 again tonight for a group of oil execs. There were twelve of them in the room and the lights were low. My volunteer, empathizing with a so-sad young woman (this will make sense if you know the effect) nearly left the room when I described the brutal creature in the next room.

"I feel that," she said. "I really REALLY do!"

A VP of a small to middlin' oil company looks at me and the he looks at her and then back at me. "How'd you do that?" he asks.

I shrug and put on my number 10 Modest Face.

He asked me for a card and wanted to know if I travel.

Luna 1935 is the single most effective routine in my whole "kinda dark magic" act. It brings the house down EVERY TIME.

Granted -- it has to be done in the right setting -- but when it's right, it's well...magic.

So thank YOU, Todd.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Hi, can anyone please tell me if Luna 1934 also has the wild card?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2011-09-12 00:29, Mind illusionist wrote:
Hi, can anyone please tell me if Luna 1934 also has the wild card?

Yes it does.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Thanks Roth. So the only main difference between 1935 and 1934 is that 1935 has more profiles for woman, and 1934 has more profiles for males?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2011-09-12 02:41, Mind illusionist wrote:
Thanks Roth. So the only main difference between 1935 and 1934 is that 1935 has more profiles for woman, and 1934 has more profiles for males?

That is correct.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Only get the book if you can catch the person from falling and banging their head or having jaw surgery from gasps.
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Digging up a slightly old thread here, but figured it was better than starting a new one concerning Luna 1935. So heres my question:

Has anyone performed Luna for any high school aged kids? and if yes or no, Id appreciate your feedback/opinions. ( I have a show for a high school for 25 mins long in a few weeks time and considering performing Luna)

regards,
M.I.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Push the social justice angle and downplay the spooky angle I think might be the better way to do this for high school....
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Thanks Dr Todd, will think about that angle yes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 1935 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL