The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card manipulating device (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
They're usually $5 or less, but have seen them in the $8-$10 range as well.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
TheAmazingDamon
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingDamon
Does anyone have small hands like myself and still able to manipulate? I have one Jeff McBrides Video and
1 I think my hands are too small to conceal
2 They may be too small to B$$$ palm
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Well, my wife has very small hands (she's just over 5' 1") and she manipulates both poker size and bridge size cards. It's more difficult, but you can probably do it.

Jeb
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-05-16 03:06, TheAmazingDamon wrote:
Does anyone have small hands like myself and still able to manipulate? I have one Jeff McBrides Video and
1 I think my hands are too small to conceal
2 They may be too small to B$$$ palm

Practice with jumbo and giant cards and you will find that the poker and bridge size is definitely not a problem. Smile Sorry, just could not resist this one.

It is actually not in the cards but in playing with the cards. It does not matter whether it is poker or bridge size. If you play with it long enough you will be able to perform a good card manipulation routine.

There are so many kinds of techniques. Use those that are ideal for your hands. Don't kill yourself working out techniques that are not suitable for you.

There are more than one way to get things done. The techniques are only a means to an end.
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
LOL I have always wondered about how the "card catcher" worked. so thanks for sharing this video at least. but I would say it looks like the same as the backpalm technique unless you've improved on it like Marvey, I don't see any advantage at all to using this old version... also this would make acquittals more difficult...
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
The card catcher is a great training device and will train the muscles for manipulation. You can get away with a very convincing act without the frustration of dropping the card stock. I sell them for $5 as well.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
I think don't use a card catcher. Try to do with backpalming. So if you train yourself in that direction you will have a better manipulation skill...

Nedim Guzel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card manipulating device (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL