The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Flexible Fingers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yabi
View Profile
New user
Cherry Hill, NJ
92 Posts

Profile of yabi
Greetings all,

While I am not new to magic I felt that this would be the best place to post such an inquiry.

I have struck an interest in performing various flourishes and sleights that requires flexibility in one's hand beyond my current abilities. My desire is to work on training my hands to be more flexible so that certain sleights will be more fluid and natural. I have checked out HandHealth.com but not sure if this would be the best way to go. I am curious on what methods that would be recommended for a good place to start my training.

Thanks for your time.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Things that seem impossible now, like stretching far enough or doing things less wobbly, will be possible in time by merely practicing the moves you wish to learn. Special exercises may not be needed at all.

For instance, certain one handed cuts and shuffles I now do with ease seemed absurd for quite a while as there was just no way I could stretch that far. Yet after a while I could somehow. (I'm no XCM expert by far though).

What you should do, is to use the site's (limited) search option and find some advice on warm-up and how to avoid injury from overdoing it. I personally have never warmed up much and I am reminded of that every day when I try to operate advanced apparatus like door handles. Smile

I don't know the HandHealth site from experience, but at first glance it seems to be about health, like the title suggests. Which is very good.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Flexible Fingers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL