The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New Version of Audience Dismember (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
John Taylor Magic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of John Taylor Magic
I think it's good Taylor, well done!
Have you talked to Bill about offering customers your modification as another option and you making a commission? As it's better being done under the one roof.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Welcome aboard the Café John and thanks for the good words..

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Hi Taylor,

When I first saw the Audience Dismember I liked but did not convince me at the time.

But, when I first saw your version gave me just want to buy one like it!

You deserve all our sincere appreciation, the Magic also grows when he meets magicians like you (with spectacular magical changes).

Taylor, you forget about me is to answer a question:

- Could I make an opening for the spectator's arm out and be visible as Lance Burton do?

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
The arm door is a piece that was from the mind of Lance Burton. I've known Lance for over 25years and I also love what he has added. I would never add that to my illusion without his blessings.

Thanks again for all of the kind words.

Your Friend In Magic,

Taylor Reed
PS: I just invented a very small see thru doll house if anyone would like to be the first one to have it, let me know.. Other wise it will stay on the drawing boards for awhile. I have a lot of stuff going on and wish that I could knock out new originals every day, but time doesn't allow it. This is a see thru doll house on a tall table with a 1" table top.
www.taylorreed.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Taylor,

Many thanks for your answer to my question, it was most kind of you indeed.

Your version thru doll house sonds very interesting.

Recently I bougth form Mr. William Kennedy my Hologram and Torch Box and I`m VERY HAPYY with his work.

I think, after saw you version of Audience Dismember I want ot buy one for my shows, but exactly equal like your version.

If I decide to buy the prop above, can Bill Smith build your version, or it is only you can make the modification?

Falconer
FALCONER
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
Making Illusion better than what they really are is what Taylor Reed does best ! A REAL MAGICIANS MAGICIAN with all aspects of magic. 5 STARS to his show in Branson and Im a pretty tough critic. I never really liked much of Modern Art or Till Audience Dismember until seeing Taylor Reeds take on both if them ( his version of A-D , and his DOUBLE modern art which takes up more than half of the stage ! GREAT WORK TAYLOR and keep doing what you do BEST !
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
And the Ultimate Levitation built by Splashes is his ideia also !

Falconer
FALCONER
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Thanks to CM magic and Falconer.
IF anyone would like the changes to the AUD DIS>.. You would have to do it thru me only... You could send the prop to me and 30 days later I'd send it back.

If anyone would like to do this you can PM me...

Thanks to the large response so far..
Your Friend IN Magic,

Taylor Reed
www.taylorreed.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
Aaron Paterson
View Profile
New user
Canada
21 Posts

Profile of Aaron Paterson
Hi Taylor,

As I mentioned to you in my PM, I think your modifications look superb. I am contemplating investing in this now because of them.

It's to bad that an arrangement couldn't be made (Or maybe it can yet) between yourself, Mr. Steinmeyer and Mr. Smith so that it could be built from the ground up by the same person. It seems a bit redundant to have Bill Smith build the prop including the "sign illusion", only to have it removed when you add your mods.

Great work though, looking forward to seeing some of your other offerings.

Sincerely,

Aaron Paterson
Aaron Paterson
Email: [email]info@aptricks.com[/email]
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Dear Taylor,

I just sent you my e-mail about the construction of Audience Dis-member for your contact through your web site.

I understand the point view of our friend Aaron Paterson. In fact, it would be more easy nad perhaps more cheap if only one person make the modification in the prop above.

In true, I don`t know the real opinion of our friend Taylor Reed in this doubt.

But, I believe that he have reasoned opinion. One thing is certain, the improved version or improvement has rights, I think it obvious that it covers, if Taylor lead money is right (work + innovation).

Falconer
FALCONER
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Thank you to all magicians that would like my changes to the Audience Dismemberment. I have talked with Bill and he wants me to do these changes.
Sorry if this is not the idea way of doing this, but this is the only way to do this at this point. Bill has a deal with Jim and this is first off Jim's Illusion and the changes that have been made are mine. Please understand that I'm a Magician first and fore most, I don't even want to be a builder. I only build stuff for myself and it's normally just new ideas etc. I have a few slow months per year here in Branson and I don't mind doing a few of these here and there. I'm not trying to turn down any offers, but whoever does this will need to get the prop to me and then it will be sent back. This will involve shipping twice to the buyer of the changes.. I really was kinda playing around when I mentioned that I would do this for others,. The replies have been very large.
This makes me feel great....... I cant' believe that so many people like the changes and would like to add them to there show....
I would love to help anyone that wants to do this> But as Bill says, if it's a Smith prop this will be just fine..
Sorry this isn't the easiest form to do this. But in this case it's the only way to do it..

If this was one of my Origianl effects from the ground up like some of the new stuff I'm working on this wouldn't be an issue. On 100percent originals we wouldn't have to worry about the rights being payed to two different inventors.

I hope that everyone will understand and not bother Bill with this... He said he will tell them NO and to contact me..
Thanks to everyone.

Your friend In Magic,

Taylor Reed
http://www.taylorreed.com
www.taylorreed.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Bravo Mr. Reed! I didn't like it as much when I first saw it, but your version eliminated my reasons for that.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
W S anderson, Congrads to you on the stuff in MAGIC....

I saw you in the book three times. I haven't had time to stop and read it all yet.
Thanks for the Compliment.

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
thelestat
View Profile
New user
Vegas
48 Posts

Profile of thelestat
Quote:
I was the first person to use the allsaw. ....

Your Friend In Magic,

Taylor Reed

Hello sorry to burst your bubble JACK HUGHES of Jack Hughes Magic in England, the same guy that invented the dove carousel is the first guy to use an over size (huge) blade and a jig saw and the first to use a jig saw on a sawing a person in half. In ( as Billy McComb would saw ..1900 and frozen to death)He used a stock like the Harbin sawing. that's were Bill Smith got it, as he has the book ( I belive it's in one of the volumes) and the rights...so now you really know...Dimmare

PS I was personal friends with Harry Hughes, Jacks brother who lived in Vancouver and I bought one from him when I was 13...And now I'm really old...so do the math Smile

Never assume you are the first cause YOU never saw it before !!!
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I just meant that I was the first to use the all saw with the audience dimemberment Illusion... Even before Bill did it..
I've been doing it for around 11yrs now..

I wasn't trying to act special or anything. This is old stuff and has been around forever, we just made changes and used a ALl saw with the AUD DIS..

I've never heard of who you are talking about but that's good for him.

Blackstone did it yrs ago with a jig saw and we just tryed a new type saw as mentioned in some of my above mentioned replys.
The old saying is that great minds think alike and this one goes to my wife for being such a hard person to impress in the world of magic..

Thank you for your comments,
Taylor Reed
http://www.taylorreed.com
www.taylorreed.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
thelestat
View Profile
New user
Vegas
48 Posts

Profile of thelestat
Quote:
On 2010-02-28 13:36, TaylorReed wrote:
The arm door is a piece that was from the mind of Lance Burton. I've known Lance for over 25years and I also love what he has added. I would never add that to my illusion without his blessings.Thanks again for all of the kind words.
Your Friend In Magic,Taylor Reed

Ok Just for further information so when this new version comes out no one thinks Lance is being copied. A year before Lance asked Bill to put in the single door, one of his guys in the shop came up with both doors opening up. When Lance asked Bill not to do this "one door" for anyone else Bill was reminded that the Idea had already been presented to him. I've seen the sketches. Very clever. DIMMARE
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Who's coming out with this version? Having both doors open would be nice, but it does open some problems with showing body parts that again could mess up the part about being able to just go and borrow any girl at any time without even thinking of what she is wearing..

That was the problem with the original version of the Aud Dis... IF the audience ever thinks for a second that the girl is a stooge, then it really blows the effect in my opinion. (Original version because of the table making the audience think thay you have two people like the old school effect) By having the two doors you could be back to having the audience doubt that you just met the audience member on the spot. I'm sure that is the reason Lance only did one door.. Common logic would say to do two doors if it were possible.. Look at the thin sawing etc. They've always had two doors not just one..

I look foward to seeing this new version and I'm not trying to down it before I've even seen it, but I have thought of things along the same lines on this effect and I see it creating the having to use a stooge or dancer or finding someone on the spot that just happens to be wearing the right color clothes or this sort of thing...

I guess we will see when it comes out..
Bill Smith said that the one door deal was from Lance and if anyone wanted to add it they would have to ask him...

Good luck with this new Aud Dis...

I have a see thru version of Aud Dis if anyone is interested.... This would be where you take the sign off the back of the prop and you could see thru the prop completely...

I guess this is the effect that just keeps on giving...

Thanks for the info James...

Long time no talk. I hope all is well with you and your magic..

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Are there any plans to build this illusion or one would have to buy it already built? What about performance rights in such a case?
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Jazz, I sent you a PM> to explain how it works...

This is my method and I'm the only one that can do it for you with Bill's blessings..

I also have the see thru method where the sign comes off... I've yet to build that version, but can if you would like... You must just supply me with an original Bill Smith from Magic Ventures .... AUD DIS Illusion and then I'll do my magic on changing it up to be like mine...

Good luck and call me or PM me if you have any more questions..
Thanks..
Taylor Reed
www.taylorreed.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Thanks Taylor, I have pm you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New Version of Audience Dismember (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL