The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Still waiting on product (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
This wasn't getting much attention in another thread...

WEEKS ago I purchased around $100 of product from a online magic shop which name I will not disclose yet due to the case not being closed/resolved and I want to give them more time. Lets just say it is a BIG online shop. They also have a physical store. I find myself today with the purchase clearing my bank account, no product in hand, and no response to the several times I have tried calling/emailing the store. The basic status has remained the same under my order history since the day I made the purchase. All it says is "Processed". What other steps should I take? I have worked for a magic shop when I was younger and I know how ordering from a wholesaler works and how much time it takes. Unless this product is on back order, I don't see why it has taken this long. And if it was on back order I should have been notified. I'm not the type of person who thinks $100 is a lot of money. I'm not going to make assumptions just yet but... If they need it that bad they can have it, they can even take another 100 from me if they are that needy...but I'm trying to stay away from those assumptions for another week if I don't hear from them.

Thanks,
John
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hi John,

This issue has been the topic of discussion on the Café before. One of problems of discussing it openly is that the Café is (and maybe rightfully so) concerned about biting the hand that feeds them.

Many of us have been in the same boat that you are now in. There are some dealers out there that do not provide very good customer service. ie. They do not advice you when something is backordered. They do not let you track a shipment. They make it difficult to contact them to resolve the issue etc...

My advice, which may not help solve your immediate problem, is to not give them your business anymore and advise others, personally and privately, not to either.

Good luck.
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Whether or not the problem is resolved, I have decided not to openly announce the company name here because it is a hand that feeds them. And in no way to I want to put the Café in any harm. I have never had problems like this in the past from this company, so I MAY give them a second chance depending on how this issue is resolved.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Still waiting on product (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL