The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Happy 420! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Isn't this also the anniversary of the Waco invasion and slaughter of 90+ people? the oklahoma city bombing was also around this time to.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2009-04-20 18:20, ringmaster wrote:
A police chief's view : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/norm-stamp......627.html

It's not bad, but he leads with an argument that "proves too much," as the lawyers like to say. The fact that alcohol-related traffic death are so prevalent, both in absolute terms and relative to marijuana, is certainly directly correlated to the fact that alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't. In the rush to grab any support for "pot is safer," he starts to make the wrong case, there. The gap between alcohol and pot traffic deaths would certainly narrow if the pot smokers, like the drinkers, could drive to public locations to indulge socially and recreationally.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-04-20 18:12, Big Jeff wrote:
Isn't this also the anniversary of the Waco invasion and slaughter of 90+ people? the oklahoma city bombing was also around this time to.

Today is the 10th anniversary of the Columbine incident.

The OKC bombing was on April 19, 1985.

The seige at Waco ended on April 19, 1993.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2009-04-20 17:58, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-04-20 09:46, Justin Style wrote:
...to all you stoners!

:smoke:

You saw Family Guy last night?

Yeah man, I was dying!!!

Go Brian!
KidMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Bradford
183 Posts

Profile of KidMagic
Quote:
On 2009-04-20 15:24, kcg5 wrote:
Incorrect. The fact that hitler was born on 4/20 has nothing to do with the "holiday", we weren't saying "we" are celebrating his birthday.

Marley died may 11th, 1981 of cancer (his religion would not allow him to have his toe removed, had he done that, he might have lived). I would think the 420/marley death rumor was a thing started by some high school kid.

The real reason for 420: a group of high school kids in the 70's would meet out side of there school at 4:20 to, you know.....

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)------ not a false wiki story, this is a "big" holiday in my area. Its the truth, ruth)

Interesting, I always knew Bob Marley didn't die exactly on 4/20 that's why I thought it was silly. I had no idea it was so far away though.

Thanks for sharing/correcting!
Magically yours,
KidMagic/Zachary Gauthier
www.kidmagic.ca
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Hey! I wasn't born exactly on 4/20!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Woah...I just read up on Marley and guess what? He was a white guy! I'm not kidding. He also worked in Delaware and used the name Donald.... I never knew he was white but it cannot be denied so don't try it haters.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Happy 420! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL