The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you eat your vegetables? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Do you eat your vegetables?

How do you like them. I like them plain with nothing added...steamed, grilled, sauted, boiled and even raw.

If I can’t get them fresh, as in from a local produce farm, then I buy frozen.

When I cook them in a pot with water, I don’t toss out the water. I pour it into a cup and drink it like a broth or Tea, if you will. My gf thinks this is weird but I believe I’m getting the vitamins and nutrients from the vegetables. I eat what’s cooked and drink all the liquid.

I love all vegetables and haven’t found one that I won’t eat.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I enjoy vegetables.

Lima beans are my favorite. The frozen vegetable mix that has them along with carrots, corn, and peas are great with a little Mrs Dash seasoning.

Potatoes are always good, but my parents don't like to call them vegetables, but rather a starch.
-Matt
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
If you have the opportunity to grow your own, you'll appreciate the taste 1000% over even so-called fresh produce stands. It's amazing how much their characteristics change in even as little as an hour of being picked. Sweet corn picked and eaten on the spot tastes like candy. Broccoli is amazing, too. When I lived in Illinois, I had a huge garden, and the best part was standing in it and eating something that can't get any fresher.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I just finished eating dinner... all cooked vegetables! I love eating carrots myself.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2009-04-21 17:15, Michael Baker wrote:
If you have the opportunity to grow your own, you'll appreciate the taste 1000% over even so-called fresh produce stands. It's amazing how much their characteristics change in even as little as an hour of being picked. Sweet corn picked and eaten on the spot tastes like candy. Broccoli is amazing, too. When I lived in Illinois, I had a huge garden, and the best part was standing in it and eating something that can't get any fresher.

I hear that, Michael!

When I was growing up we had it all, Cherry Tree, Grape Vine, Full blown garden. My dad was pure Italian from the old country, you name it, he grew it. If he knew I was paying close to five bucks a pound for tomatos he would roll over in his grave.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
No. Live meat.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I like all vegetables...except brussel sprouts [it's like eating nickels].

My favorite is a V8 Blood Mary.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Vodka is made from plants and the definition of vegetable is part of a plant that is consumable thus vodka is like a lovely salad.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2009-04-21 19:13, MagicSanta wrote:
Vodka is made from plants and the definition of vegetable is part of a plant that is consumable thus vodka is like a lovely salad.

How waxing poetic! Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
puppeterry
View Profile
Regular user
Sanger, CA
114 Posts

Profile of puppeterry
When I lived in a house surrounded by my father-in-law's vineyards, I'd take a quick run into the vines before serving dinner, pick the wild asparagus from a few growing spots (I'd memorized the rows and how many vines down the row to go), take them back to the house and either toss them into the soups and veggies, or wrap them in wet paper towels and nuke them for 30 seconds.
Wonderful!
When he sold the property (we stayed on), the new owner pesticided the whole ranch into submission until no asparagus could be found. Alas!
TV Mc Arthur
The Librician
Fresno (CA) County Public Library
"They don't get better.....just faster."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That sucks! My dad picked asparagus, caught fish in the Columbia River, we had a field behind us that had a line of grapes left over from a vineyard that had grapes then after walking past some shacks were the real vineyard (table grapes) where I was a four year old migrant farm worker in order to stay out of my moms hair.

Now I have property and they tell me stuff will grow but I can't dig three inches without hitting rock! I may have to make a planter box or something with good soil.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
This vegetarian seldom gets it as fresh as he likes.

I have been on farms and tasted it right out of the ground or off the vine. Sadly not often enough.

Roasted broccoli with a bit of seasoning is one of my favorites. Try it with a bit of garlic.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I'm way into steamed cabbage with a little soy sauce, recently.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-04-21 19:50, evolve629 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-04-21 19:13, MagicSanta wrote:

How waxing poetic! Smile

Yes,I like V8 Bloody Mary's and poetry. Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I love my veggies! At one time I was a dedicated vegetarian. But I still love 'em, albeit just not exclusively. Hmmmmmmmmm. There is even a word for it: lacanophilia; the love of vegetables
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I love veggies. I eat a tub of raw ones every day for lunch, then have whatever the family has with dinner. Veggies be good.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
What about drinking the leftover water in the pot? Last night I had Brussell Sprouts and as always, drank the liquid, which I LOVE! My gf thinks that is weird but who cares what she thinks.
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
I've got a word for you Doug.
Sasquipedalian.
As for vegetables,the only time my wife uses the microwave is to cook vegetables,
it keeps them nice and crisp.The small amount of water that she adds is then used in any sauce or gravy that she's making at the time.
Waste not,want not!
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
My favorite vegetable is steak. Second favorite is pizza.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Steak? A vegetable? I really want 5 servings a day then!
-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you eat your vegetables? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL