The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiplying Ball Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I have a few questions for you guys.

1. Are there any routines that use multi-colored balls? Like one red ball, one green, one orange, and one yellow? (any colors)
2. If I am doing the multiplying balls using red balls, and maybe other colors, would color shirt would you recommend me wearing? What makes the balls the most visible?

Thanks.

Jeff
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
There is a rainbow ball routine in Tarbell and I think there is a multi-color ball routine in Ganson. Shimada does some work on one of his videos (not the Greater Magic Library one - the other one). It's not a terribly common thing. I'm not sure how broad your knowledge is in manipulation, but you can work your own.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'm working on a rainbow routine or two. I really like the idea.
The Al Leech booklet has a few rainbow routines in it and they are good ones.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks for the help!
Second question anyone?

And what do you guys know about looped balls? I have the material to make one, but is it worth it?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

I think it's worth it. especially if you work it in with a regular ball routine.
handle it like it's a ball and not a loop ball.
sefton
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of sefton
There is a good 4 ball rainbow routine in one of the old Will Goldstone books. I think its in "Great Tricks Revealed". Look for the Albert Wharby billiard ball routine. I used to do it many years ago before I developed my 8 ball routine.

Cheers,
B.S
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Multiplying ball routines with different colored balls are generally called "rainbow ball" routines. My own rainbow ball routine can be viewed at
http://members.cavtel.net/parmenides/rainbowballs.mov
I read a description of Cardini's rainbow ball routine where it started as a color changing ball sequence. He deliberately allowed the hidden ball to talk against the visible one, thus "exposing" the modus. But then all of a sudden balls of other colors started appearing as well.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Richard Kaufman has a whole book on the subject..I think it is called " Sidearm Snookery"...Corially,Howard
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
The full-title of the Richard Kaufman book is _Balls! Lessons in Sidearm Snookery_."

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Here's a quick routine I came up with a couple days ago to give to the folks that just bought the "Cellini Boxes".

Each box came with 3 colored manipulation balls and I wanted them to have some idea of what the heck to do with them.

So, not a lot of thought went into it but it's something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgoApytHKHw
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Also, colors seem to "pop" against black. If you wear black, the colors show up very well.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Fank, there are some nice moves there! Congrats.

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation x 2
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Frank, very nice... especially loved the production of the last two balls.

For rainbow ball routines check out Ron McMillan's The Symphony of the Spheres... a multicolored multiplying ball routine that ended with eighteen if my memory is correct.

I'd also agree that black shirts or a black jacket works best. Colors just stand out more.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I developed a color changing billiard ball years ago. A visual change of a Fakini ball. The items was self contained but an oddity.
I used the principle of this in a closeup effect called Disc-go Dime (four stars in Genii). That effect showed 3 black bingo chips, and the selected chip is tapped by a key and visually (without cover) changes to a dime and can be inspected.
Oh, and Frank...those moves were sweet. I wished your hands didn't go out of camera, but it looked great. I would like it slower.
And, Anatole, I never saw interlock moves with billiard balls, nice handling.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiplying Ball Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL