The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Trying to find the name of this move from Greater Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I was going through Greater Magic yesterday and saw two pictures describing a move. I couldn't find a name or written description of the move, just the two pictures. I think it was in volume 4. The move looks like a Slide Vanish into a Down's Palm. Does anyone know what the name of this move is or where the description is in the book? I haven't gotten the chance to read through all of the coin magic in the book, yet, but this just jumped out at me.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
It's called "A Jardine Ellis Vanish" ( P.671, Greater Magic ). The coin slides into finger palm. Fig. 2, accompanying the description, looks like Downs Palm, but the written description says that the coin stops in finger palm.

If you let the coin slide all the way to fingertip rest as you turn your hand over, it's even more deceptive. (A move shown to me by Harvey Rosenthal in the '70's).
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I was think it was the Jardine Ellis Vanish, but there were other pictures of that and it did end in Finger Palm, which threw me off. I tend to do the vanish by sliding the coin to Fingertip Rest, so I was really interested when I saw the picture. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed the full description of the move after seeing those two pictures. Thanks.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Trying to find the name of this move from Greater Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL