The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Best Commercial Ever! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
http://bodysnake.com/

Quite possibly the best commercial ever!
-Matt
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
I hope someone gets me one for Christmas! Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Supplies are limited....
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Made in America. For Americans. (See the "Fat Bodies" thread somewhere around this forum...)
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Made me think of the best TV commercials I ever did.

It was for 'Happy Steak' restaurant in Tahoe in the late 80's when local commercials were just straight forward non controvercial and dull (like many still are) and certainly no one ever killed the owner of the business! (decades before Kenny). The owner of the place wasn't sure if the local TV ads would work for him so my job as sales mgr AND production director was to prove they did, and then get the BIG contract from him.

In the 1st one, I had the owner of the restaurant floating in a pond as if in an inner tube. He was extolling the quality of the meat used. If you looked carefully you saw an alligator behind him barely surfaced. Suddenly he is jerked down...once...then twice then disappears under the water...silence for 10 full seconds when his Chef hat floats and bobs to the surface...fade to black...Logo Happy Steak.

It was a shocker and funny as hell the 2nd time. It ran 4 days on a weekend and in NFL football on TNT (local only). By the next Monday evening the place was very busy and he had spent Satuday and Sunday trying to explain to eveyone he met (restaurant, stores, Church etc.) what the hell that was all about!!!

I got the contract. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Best Commercial Ever! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL