The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » "On you at all times" magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
240 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
Ok, since I ALWAYS get stopped to do magic when I happen to have nothing on me that day, which effects could you guys recommend that are "Everyday pocket items" magic?

I am trying to build up my "on the spot" routines, so I never get caught again unprepared.

So far, I have relied heavily on a few effects.

-Sleight of hand using rings

-Departure (because you always have it with you, and it is a crowd pleaser)

-Miracle Lighter (the perfect trick for smoke breaks)

Anyways, can anyone suggest any of props that you would carry around every day and not think twice about grabbing to put in your pockets on a daily basis?

Anything that either goes on a key chain, in your wallet, etc.

Thx in advance for any help!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Everyday? Not much.
4 or 5 Half Dollars, normal pocket change and bills, Gregory Wilson's "Florida Keys" set up, a pen w/ cap, "$2 Window" in wallet, cigarettes, BIC lighter, handkerchief.
Any more and I'd probably lose the stuff. There's enough here for quite a few tricks.

Of course, if I feel like I will be in a good situation to do some magic, I will add a couple of things that have an impromptu look or is unseen.
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
These threads pop up all the time, and it's always interesting to see who carries what with them.

Here's my list:

TT

band for Rising Card (living in Reno, there's an abundance of decks of cards around here!)

extra business cards in my Stockholder wallet

a few bent coins

IT loop

pencil

boon
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
All I need is a few rubber bands (which I can do so much magic with) on my wrist, bills (for impromptu bill tricks), a pen, and a few coins. Sometimes I bring cards and a Sharpie if I know I'll be performing.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I generally don't do requests and, instead, tell people to visit me at my pitch ... but you may be interested in an Andrew Mayne effect called "Infusion".

A simple tear-and-restored dollar bill routine, it requires no props or gimmicks and it has the most ingenious method. You could do it anywhere anytime with any bill from any country.

This video doesn't really do it justice by a long shot. It is sooooooo much better than presented here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR1zoG-Dnno

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Stimuli
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Stimuli
Rubber Bands!!! A small 3 part routine doing crazy man's hand cuffs in your hands, then kill their initial theory on how it's done by doing it in their hands, the for the finale borrow their ring and do daniel garcia's effect by tossing the ring onto the rubber band. It's a killer!!!
MikeyM71
View Profile
Regular user
Chesapeake, OH
153 Posts

Profile of MikeyM71
I always, always carry a ttip. Also, 2 or 3 half dollars.
<BR>Mikey M.
Adam Wood
View Profile
Loyal user
Ontario, Canada
225 Posts

Profile of Adam Wood
I too always carry my TT, in fact I have several that I leave in different jackets. Also, I have with me my elastic card rise, rubber bands, Royal's CTW , Time Machine, a couple of different shells, sun & moon, ITR/loop, NW. Sometimes I'll have cards, but prefer to borrow them.
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” -Doug Henning

"Don't make magic impossible, make impossible magic!" - Adam

PEACE, LOVE & MAGIC!!!
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
Quarter under my watch twice under their watch the 3rd time. Greg Wilson is brilliant! I use it with a muscle pass. Killer reaction.
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
jjduck
View Profile
New user
Chesterfield, Virginia
78 Posts

Profile of jjduck
Rubber bands are great. I started by doing a routine called Band-It by Kris Nevling, this can be found on DVD. Then I started looking for more to do with bands and discovered Joe Rindfleisch. He also has some great stuff out there on Video. Check these guys out and see what you think.
Joe
koh
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of koh
Ring Thing by Garrett Thomas

I second Gregory Wilson's Florida Keys and if you're really into key effects, I'd suggest his "Freakey". It's a very fun routine, but does require some pocket space (the keys).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » "On you at all times" magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL