The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Flu or no Flew? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It was mentioned a lady in Michigan caught the swine flu at a pet farm. Do you think our customers will have us arrive without using our birds now?
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Hey DynaMike - I thought about the same thing. Remember when the bird flu was a big thing? I had a couple of inquiries about whether or not it would be safe for the show, and I produced my vet papers(I had to fax them over) which ceased the worry. I only had one client that said not to bring them, and that was fine with me. It was less hassle to load the animals, and actually was an easier show to perform. *smile* I don't think its a major concern as of now, but it may be down the line. It is getting harder to perform with them without someone bringing something up, but what is the difference between us performing with our pets, and people out walking their dogs in public, or letting their cats run around the neighborhood? I don't see much difference really, but que cera cera...

-Alpha
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mike, we went through the same thing when the avian (bird) flu was around. It affected some performers but not all. That disease was linked directly to birds. It seems the uproar has died down considerably over that situation.

The swine flu is not related to birds. Most people have questions about pigs, pork, bacon and such but that has been disproved for the most part as well. Most of the health reports are stating that the flu is passed on from person to person from sneezing, coughing and such.

I don't think we'll see much of a decrease in bookings for a bird act, at least not from people who have taken the time to listen to the reports. Not to discount the seriousness of the disease, but there will always be those that get overly concerned. Those people will the ones to avoid animal acts right now.
Where the magic begins
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Yup they should be more worried about shaking hands with you than they should about your animals. Shaking hands is the number one communicator of respiratory and virus infections.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
And just think, saluting and shaking hands was a signal among men that there were no weapons in their hand.

But disease is another thing.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Flu or no Flew? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL