The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Juggling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

modfrog
View Profile
New user
winchester
73 Posts

Profile of modfrog
I just started juggling the other day. I got the basic one ball hand to hand, two ball came easy. but three ball I am having trouble with it I can get the throw pattern but cant catch or continue the throw. I tried this for about two hours a day cant seem to get this. Is this a common thing for beginers to face?
tomterm8
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of tomterm8
Yes.

There is no rush.

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T16_BVIFFPQ .

Best thing is to reduce the time you are doing practice at this point to no more than 30 minutes at a time. Practice over a bed. Don't give up, but don't try to force the pace of progress too much... you have years of exciting things to learn ahead of you.

If you can, go to a juggling club.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
NOTHING to worry about, let me assure you from my limited experience.. Every one drops, as the book says -its a sign of progress. It took me a bit, I had to really force myself to throw the third ball..

MArk my words, once you get it down, you will think "this isn't so hard, what took me so long?" Keep it up. Many great things on youtube, many tutorials-juggling isn't like magic, no real secrets...

Check out jugglingstein on youtbe
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
Juggling is not about catching but making good throws. If you make a good throw the catch is easy.

Try to just make three throws and three catches. Then repeat this but start with the other hand. (If you start w/ 2 balls in your right and make 3 throws and 3 catches you should have 2 in your left hand.) Keep repwating theis 3 ball flash then move onto more catches without stopping.

Kevin
modfrog
View Profile
New user
winchester
73 Posts

Profile of modfrog
I have gotten a lot better now I can get 7-10 rotatuions
I did try the juggling club the one here was of no help they kept to themselfs and left the new guy (me) alone
tomterm8
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of tomterm8
Hm, that's a pity... but you are making great progress. If you can do 7-10 rotations, I would suggest learning over the top or jugglers tennis. (search on youtube for instructions). At this stage, learning a few other basic tricks will actually help you solidify your cascade.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Juggling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL