The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Open Fingers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

delpfin
View Profile
New user
Poland
53 Posts

Profile of delpfin
Peter Marvey has a beautiful card production with open fingers. Does anybody know a resource where this move is explained? Or is it a top secret idea of Peter's?

delpfin
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Quote:
On 2003-05-20 03:07, delpfin wrote:
....Or is it a top secret idea of Peter's?

delpfin

Yeah, sort of. I think Marvey sold a booklet about it once.

Lee
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
Card Catcher.
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Definitely, NOT CATCH CATCHER.....
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I agree, definitely not card catcher. I would say don't even waste you money.
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Has anyone thought about using a "Spider Gimmick?" Look VERY carefully at the cards he's using, especially when he quickly turns the back of the card(s) around...you may notice something you haven't before.

I believe Peter's card manipulation to be one of the most amazing and wondrous looking routines I have seen (everything looks incredibly clean).

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Define "spider gimmick." I know what you mean by "Look VERY carefully at the cards he's using" - - I noticed it even the first time I saw it (the lights made it shine reflectively).

Can you elaborate?
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
I will not expose the spider gimmick here in the open forums. You can find writing on a similar gimmick and its workings with cigarettes in Keith Clark's Encyclopedia of Cigarette Tricks. Many years ago, a magician showed me the spider gimmick and its application with card productions. It's something that you would probably want to try to make, as I'm not certain who sells them anymore (if they ever were sold on the market).

If you think of HOW Peter Marvey can roll his fingers so widely open, then you will eventually think of WHERE the card(s) are hidden... part of this puzzle is in his cards. Keep in mind, Peter performs in a short-sleeved costume. MUCH of his card manipulation is pure skill, except for very few occassions during his routine.

Also, look carefully of the ANGLE the cards are coming into view (or produced). It's almost as if he is reaching out into space and moving his hand to where the card is.

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Troy:

I imagine the angles on Marvey's card productions via the spider gimmick are horrendous - much worse than normal card productions (BP).

Ron Reid
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
I went into magic because of him and his productions and I was wondering where can I download his performance? I would love to see it again. Also I thought he used a card catch because people told me he did.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Really?!? I always thought Marvey was skilled but, wasn't a good magician. I came up with my own gimmicks like Marvey's. One was with a glove and another one that you could show your hand on both sides and still produce cards open handed. Wikiro sometimes the WGW specials are on TV.

Lee
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
No satalite or cable

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Ron;

The angles when using the gimmick are about the same as when you are producing cards via pure skill. Peter does show both sides of his hands and arms during his card routine.

Again, think about the CARDS he is using (are they regular?). Watch his routine again, and see if you notice that his cards are different from real ones.

Regardless, his routine is beautiful and looks like real magic... the way card productions should look. He has accomplished what he has set out to do... make it look effortless and like magic.

- - Troy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Open Fingers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL