The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » HN Review 28: ImMAKulate Ring Flight - MAK Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 28: ImMAKulate Ring Flight - MAK Magic

AD:

The magician borrows a spectator's ring and places it into his hand, which is then closed. INSTANTLY the hand is opened and the RING HAS VANISHED? The performer removes a key case from his pocket. From the key case, he drops the keys and hanging among the keys is the borrowed ring. RING FLIGHT is precision-made. Very smooth and silent operation.
Approximately three foot retraction.

REVIEW:

Piece of crap. Forget the concepts of "Attention to details", "Consistency", "Congruency": you get a bulky item, with a "hot" key ring different than the others (!!!!!), a reel eternally melted into the leather and problematic angles to work with.

Fortunately, Beauty is greater than the recognition of symmetry...

Overall rating: remains immaculate in my drawer

H.
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
I would like to offer a different opinion about iMAKulate ring flight.

I absolutely love this contraption. I've not once had a problem with the reel. It was served me well for some time now and I've found it to be sturdy and ULTRA silent. The clasp holds the ring well and I don't find this ring flight to be bulky. I have left people gasping for air and shaking their heads as I end my ring and rope routine with this climatic finsh.

I've seen Rinkey Dinky and iMAKulate is 100 times more reliable and dependable. The presentation and context in which you use this gizmo makes or breaks the effect as is the case with ALL effects. I have found iMAKulate to be one of my best purchases - reliable and well made.

HN, what do you mean by "hot key ring"?..please elaborate, maybe I, as well as others, can help spark ideas and put your iMAKulate to use. Have you used any other ring flights? What are you comparing it to?
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
Nalu_magic,

The reel is silent indeed. However, we are buying a complete ring flight key case, not just a silent reel. For the records, it also hanged twice while in locking position.

About the "hot key ring": I'm referring to the clip attached to the reel. That clip is different than the others - this strikes me as an enormous lack of attention to details.

H.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Frankly, the fact that one key ring is 'hot' makes very little difference.

A little subtlety is all it is. Besides, people will be in a state of shock to notice that their ring is one a different looking key ring - they're just flabbergastered that it's even there at all!

Trust me, just try it out again. Maybe use a different handling - we all know that the handling provided with every trick isn't always 100% to our taste.

Experiment my friend!

Take care,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Harvey,

I agree with Logan that by perhaps tinkering with diferrent handlings would result in a smooth and jaw dropping effect.

I also agree with Loagn when he mentioned that people are so amazed to see their ring dangling down with the other keys that they don't even notice the different clasp.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I rarely use this as a stand alone effect. I build up to it as I preceed this effect with a ring and string routine.

I will PM you with some ideas.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I absolutely love the ring flight - but after 2 years, the thread finally broke (at the knot). I don't know if it's fixable but I'll try. Fortunately it was during practice!
Logic Defied
Tobyas
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Tobyas
I know this is an old threat, but I simply have to add that I use the Imakulate Ringflight for 17 years now and I never ever had to complain about it. This is my choice and it works perfectly for me in my professional act Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » HN Review 28: ImMAKulate Ring Flight - MAK Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL