The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Jay Sankey on tour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
From Jay:

rom June 15 to June 29 I will be flying ALL OVER the Southern U.S. presenting my BRAND NEW lecture! Check out this nutty schedule!

JUNE 15/SAN DIEGO
JUNE 16/PHOENIX
JUNE 17/LAS VEGAS
JUNE 18/JACKSONVILLE (Florida, that is!)
JUNE 19/LOUISVILLE
JUNE 21/WASHINGTON
JUNE 22/AUSTIN
JUNE 23/HOUSTON
JUNE 24/SAN ANTONIO
JUNE 25/ATLANTA
JUNE 26/MEMPHIS
JUNE 27/CINCINNATI
JUNE 28/DALLAS
JUNE 29/INDIANAPOLIS

MAGIC + MENTALISM!
The new lecture is a kick-butt mix of magic + mentalism for both close-up and stand-up. The emphasis will be on simple, direct and super-visual effects you will REALLY USE!

I'll be sharing some of my favorite routines from the new 'KALEIDOSCOPE' DVD as well as from my upcoming 'MIRACLES WITH YOUR BUSINESS CARDS' DVD. I will also be performing one or two exciting new releases I've been 'holding back' just for this tour. And everything will be available at SUPER SPECIAL 'lecture only' prices!
BOOK YOUR TICKETS RIGHT AWAY!
Please book your tickets AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Several of the venues are quite small and will DEFINITELY sell-out. Also make sure you arrive ON TIME at the lecture because -as a small way of saying 'thanks very much for coming'- I'm going to start every lecture with a draw for 3 FREE PRIZES! Here's the link for all the contact information to book your tickets!

http://www.sankeymagic.com/june09lecture.aspx
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
synth_infusion
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of synth_infusion
Looking forward to it.

-Rahat
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
Quote:
On 2009-05-05 17:12, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
From Jay:

rom June 15 to June 29 I will be flying ALL OVER the Southern U.S. presenting my BRAND NEW lecture! Check out this nutty schedule!

JUNE 15/SAN DIEGO
JUNE 16/PHOENIX
JUNE 17/LAS VEGAS
JUNE 18/JACKSONVILLE (Florida, that is!)
JUNE 19/LOUISVILLE
JUNE 21/WASHINGTON
JUNE 22/AUSTIN
JUNE 23/HOUSTON
JUNE 24/SAN ANTONIO
JUNE 25/ATLANTA
JUNE 26/MEMPHIS
JUNE 27/CINCINNATI
JUNE 28/DALLAS
JUNE 29/INDIANAPOLIS

MAGIC + MENTALISM!
The new lecture is a kick-butt mix of magic + mentalism for both close-up and stand-up. The emphasis will be on simple, direct and super-visual effects you will REALLY USE!

I'll be sharing some of my favorite routines from the new 'KALEIDOSCOPE' DVD as well as from my upcoming 'MIRACLES WITH YOUR BUSINESS CARDS' DVD. I will also be performing one or two exciting new releases I've been 'holding back' just for this tour. And everything will be available at SUPER SPECIAL 'lecture only' prices!
BOOK YOUR TICKETS RIGHT AWAY!
Please book your tickets AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Several of the venues are quite small and will DEFINITELY sell-out. Also make sure you arrive ON TIME at the lecture because -as a small way of saying 'thanks very much for coming'- I'm going to start every lecture with a draw for 3 FREE PRIZES! Here's the link for all the contact information to book your tickets!

http://www.sankeymagic.com/june09lecture.aspx

Indianapolis, Indiana. I will be there.
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
We had a near record attendance last night at the Jay Sankey lecture here in Houston. After Jay’s lecture, many of the attendees completed a lecture survey. The result showed that it was thoroughly and unanimously enjoyed by our group. Some of the comments posted were: “Loads of fun,” “Jay Sankey is a bad ass,” (I think that’s a positive remark) “Very funny and talented,” “Does a lot of thought on magic theory and audience management,” “Great,” and “He is hilarious!”

This is a lecture that I and the rest of our group highly recommend. It was interesting that this is the first lecturer who scored 10 out of 10 on being recommended to other groups. Here are the results (on scales of one to ten) of the Lecture Analysis Survey:

There was a wide range of tricks explained (little 1 to a lot 10): 9 meaning a lot

The effects were easy (easy 1 to difficult 10): 4 meaning fairly easy

The lecturer’s explanations were (incomplete 1 to thorough 10): 9 meaning very thorough

The psychology behind the tricks was (not explained 1 to completely understood 10): 9 meaning that it was completely understood

There was too much theory (none 1 to too much 10): 5 meaning that it was just right

The lecturer had a lot to sell (too little 1 to too much 10): 6 meaning that he had just enough stuff

The price of the lecture notes and other items was reasonably priced (not at all 1 to very reasonable 10): 9 meaning that it was extremely reasonably priced

The lecturer had a point/theme (rambled 1 to “on point” 10): 8 meaning that he really kept to the point of his teaching

The lecturer made me think about the way I do magic (no 1 to quite a bit 10): 8 meaning that the theory can he taught can be applied to the tricks I already do

The effects were commercial (none 1 to everything 10): 9 meaning that they were extremely commercial and are proven and audience tested…not pipe dreams

I learned new effects that I will use (none 1 to many 10): 8 meaning that there are a lot of tricks taught that will find their way into the performances of those in attendance

I would recommend this lecturer to other groups (no 1 to definitely yes 10): 10 meaning unequivocally

(Group profile question) How many years have you been active in magic: average four years

(Group profile question) How many lectures have you attended: group averaged about a dozen

In general this indicates that the make-up of the group was relatively new to magic and most found useable, commercial material that they could and would perform.
------------

I sincerely appreciate everyone participating in this by completing the forms after each lecture. This will prove helpful to both the lecturers and to other groups who want to host the lecturer.

yours,
Scott Wells
Southern Lecture Tour Coordinator
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Jay Sankey on tour (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL