The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 31 years, and she finally returned the book! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Yep, I took a couple of magic books out of the library at Lincoln Center back in 84 before moving. Accidently packed them and had them in storage for years. Mailed them back. Didn't give them a check though, I'm poor.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
This reminds me of a story.

A friend of mine, his dad quit a paper route as a kid and he kept the last week's collection money without sending it in to the paper. This must have bothered him for decades, because when he was 70+ years of age or so he sent the money in to the paper with a letter of explanation.

I remember reading this in the news and telling my friend, hey, this guy in the news has the same name as your dad. We both thought that was a funny coincidence. Turns out it WAS his dad, but his dad had kept this a secret ... at least until it got into the news. I guess he should have sent the money in anonymously.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
LOL!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Reminds me of the story of a young child who found his grandpa's shoe repair ticket. Unfortunately, 60 years on, his grandad had passed away ... but behold the shoe repair shop was still there, and the grandson still had the ticket!??

The child went into the shop and produced his grandad's ticket.
Do you still have these shoes he asked???

To which the assistant answered ... well, of course, they will be ready next week ...
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
So it took the shop 60 years and one week to repair the shoes? I don't think I'll take my pairs there for any repairs! Smile
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Exactly Josh ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 31 years, and she finally returned the book! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL